Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jericho

3 posters

Go down

Jericho Empty Jericho

Post by concertcris 3/28/2008, 10:15 am

Mad Well I am mad as a hornet that CBS has once again cancelled my favorite drama show. The show "Jericho" never really got the break it deserved in my opinion. Last season it was pitted against reality shows and although it had over 10 million viewers it was cancelled. A petition was circulated which I signed and garnered over 20,000 signatures to bring the show back. CBS relented and put on another 7 episodes but in a bad time slot. 10 p.m. on Tuesday Night when of course everyone is probably voting for American Idol contestants. It was estimated that only 6 million people were watching this show going by the Neilson charts but what sucks is the internet viewing and downloading from other sites was not counted in these numbers. CBS had determined that not enough viewers are watching and once again the show has been cancelled.

In case none of you have watched this show it is about how a nuclear attack that destroys the U.S. and the few who survive fight for the freedom to bring reason back to the world. It is very exciting and if you are interested you can view all the episodes on CBS.com under the show name. As for the rest of us who truly loved this show we are boycotting CBS. I have a few favorites on that channel but am joining the boycott as I can easily watch re-runs of my favorites on other channels. I know you all are probably thinking I have lost my mind going to these lengths but in reality with the exception of the dance shows and American Idol I find the reality show market getting overbearing especially with shows like Big Brother and Survivor. These are so unrealistic I think.

Smile Okay, that is enough of my rant for today.

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Jericho Empty Re: Jericho

Post by Angie 3/28/2008, 12:09 pm

I actually have never seen the show, but recently have heard a lot about it being canceled and how viewers are upset. I don't generally watch CBS unless I remember to watch CSI.

I'm sorry you're going to be missing a good show. It sounds like I would have liked the show if I would have ever watched it Laughing

By the way....I don't think what you are doing is extreme or anything like that, You're just fighting for what you believe in. Rant away Very Happy
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by geewindu 3/28/2008, 10:11 pm

I was actually just going to start watching the show since I heard how good it was. That sad that they're taking it off the air. Maybe a different channel will aquire the rights. My favorite show of all time besides American Idol is Sue Thomas F. B. Eye. It's a great show based on the real Sue Thomas's life. She was a deaf person that worked for the F.B.I.
Anyways back to my point the show was cancelled after 3 seasons I think it was. It ended in either '04 or '05. They had plans to bring the show back last fall but couldn't get one of the main actors back as he wanted to but he just signed on for a season of another show. So my hope is that the show bombs and they can start filming Sue Thomas again. I haven't found a show as good as that one since. All the episodes were recently uploaded to a fansite. There are tons of people on that site and I mean tons. So I definitely think it could work again.
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by concertcris 3/29/2008, 11:14 am

Smile Well to add to my thoughts the fans of Jericho are circulating another petition to hopefully have another network pick up the series. After it was cancelled the first time the Sci-fi channel ran the reruns of the first season. Also it is available on DVD so I will probably buy it as well as season 2 if they put it on DVD.

Only two other shows that are drama have kept my interest in the past few years. One is the original "Law and Order" series and sometimes I have watched "Without A Trace". I watch the reruns on TNT all the time. Normally I don't care for most of the dramas they have had on although at times the show "House" can be interesting.

Yeppers, I will definitely miss Jericho and will probably just stick with my dancing shows and of course American Idol. Hopefully, Jericho will get another chance at success.

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by geewindu 3/30/2008, 7:15 am

That would be good. Then you can watch your show again. And then they are more likely to put the first episodes on again so I can see them. Smile

I haven't seen either "Without A Trace" or "Law and Order". I used to watch "The District" and "Diagnosis Murder" back when they were on and recently I find "Chuck" interesting. I'll have to see when that comes back on. It started back up in January with two episodes in a row and then I haven't seen it since, I think because of the writer's strike.
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum