Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paula on edge after airport blowup

Go down

Paula on edge after airport blowup Empty Paula on edge after airport blowup

Post by Angie 1/11/2008, 6:52 pm

Sun Times.com

'Idol' mates reveal that she's becoming 'increasingly bonkers,' and one colleague wonders if she's bipolar

January 10, 2008
BY BILL ZWECKER Sun-Times Columnist

Seems ''American Idol'' judge Paula Abdul's recent ''meltdown'' at the Los Angeles airport during the Christmas holidays was nothing unusual -- at least it didn't surprise her colleagues at the hot Fox show.

''A day without a Paula meltdown is what's unusual,'' a longtime show staff member told me Wednesday. ''She has become increasingly bonkers the past year or so. It takes three times the number of staff members to deal with her than help Randy [Jackson] and Simon [Cowell]. People are seriously worried about her. She has a horrible time dealing with any kind of pressure. Even the littlest thing can set her off on a crying jag that can last for an hour.''

Even Abdul's fellow ''Idol'' judge Cowell alluded to her tightly wound personality when Sun-Times TV critic Doug Elfman asked him about the singer Wednesday during a phone press conference to boost ''American Idol's'' upcoming season.

Responding to a question about Abdul's wacky behavior on her ''Hey Paula'' reality show on Bravo, Cowell said he had watched the first 30 minutes of the first episode. ''A lot of it is the Paula I know," he said, especially the crying. "I've seen a lot of that. She's an emotional girl.''

As first reported by Radaronline .com, Abdul reportedly had what a source said was an ''insane nervous breakdown that lasted 10 minutes'' during the LAX incident. According to the tipster, ''One minute she was hyperventilating. The next she was yelling into her cell phone in this deep, rage-filled 'Poltergeist' voice.''

According to my ''American Idol'' source, ''Paula's voice does go deeper when she gets upset, but I don't know if I'd call it her 'Poltergeist' voice. She reminds me more of Linda Blair in 'The Exorcist,' especially the swearing.''

With all the press speculation about Britney Spears' mental health, the "American Idol" source wondered about Abdul's as well. ''I also wonder if Paula's bipolar. One moment she can be a sweet as pie. The next she's a wild woman.''
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down