Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LiveDaily Interview

Go down

LiveDaily Interview Empty LiveDaily Interview

Post by Angie 2/1/2008, 4:04 pm

Read the full interview at LiveDaily.com

January 31, 2008 02:01 PM
By Christina Fuoco-Karasinski
LiveDaily Contributor

During an interview before the "American Idols Live!" show in Jordin Sparks [ tickets ]' hometown of Glendale, AZ, last summer, the sixth-season winner said there's nothing she wanted more than to sing the national anthem at the 2008 Super Bowl. Clad at the time in an Arizona Cardinals jersey, she was ready to play the part.

Since then, her dream has come true. The daughter of ex-football star Phillippi Sparks will kick off Sunday's Super Bowl in Glendale.

"I can't believe they asked me to do it," Sparks said during an interview with LiveDaily earlier this month. "But I'm so, so happy about it, and it's crazy because millions of people watch 'American Idol.' It's like I didn't think anything could get any bigger. Now I'm doing the Super Bowl and billions of people are watching that."

Despite the importance of the event, Sparks, who released her self-titled debut album Nov. 20, said she's going to rehearse very little.

"My thing is that, if I continuously practice and sing it, I'll make myself nervous and I'll make myself forget the words, which I learned from experience," said Sparks, 18. "I'm just going to sing it through maybe once or twice and go do it."

Sparks talked to LiveDaily about her touring future, being the youngest "American Idol" winner and working with R&B superstar Chris Brown.
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down