Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Knew Ryan used to play footbal?

Go down

Who Knew Ryan used to play footbal? Empty Who Knew Ryan used to play footbal?

Post by Angie 2/1/2008, 5:20 pm

I sure didn't but stumbled upon the following article. This is just an excerpt, but you can read the full article at EdmontonSun.com

Ryan Seacrest One Tough Dude
Super Bowl pre-game show host an ex-footballer
By BILL HARRIS, SUN MEDIA

You might think Ryan Seacrest wouldn't have enough of a football background to host a Super Bowl pre-game show.

You would be wrong.

"Make sure you're seated, but I grew up in Pop Warner (little kids') football, and I played football in Atlanta, Ga. every year of my junior and senior high school careers," said Seacrest, who is best known as the host of American Idol.

But wait, it gets better.

"Even more shocking, I started playing offensive guard, pulling guard, because I was short and stocky, a little overweight," said Seacrest, who certainly doesn't look like an offensive lineman now. "I was a stocky kid wearing husky jeans. But then as I grew up I lost some weight, gained a little quickness and transitioned to strong safety.

"We actually played in the state semi-finals my senior year, so I did grow up — I know it sounds crazy — either in the weight room training for the season, or out on the field after class every day."
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down