Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steven Curtis Chapman

2 posters

Go down

Steven Curtis Chapman Empty Steven Curtis Chapman

Post by geewindu 2/25/2008, 8:21 pm

We had a nice trip down to Ogden and back. Though we didn't get home 'til about 2 or so in the morning. On the way there the mountains were so big and close it was Awesome!
I went to an Oak Ridge Boys concert that was really Great! Here's what I have to say about SCC's concert:
WOW!!!

We had three of his cds before we left, 2 hits cds and his newest one. We knew most of the songs at the concert, and the ones we didn't the words came up on the screen behind him. That was nice of him to read our minds. We found a store before the concert called f.y.e. that we got about 7 used-cds that cost only about $3-$5 3 SCC, 2 Randy Travis, Our first Alan Jackson cd
(I hope it's good), and I bought myself a cd (this doesn't happen often but $3 is a really good price) called Southern Rain - a Billy Ray Cyrus cd!
We also ate out at Carl's Jr. (they don't have one of those around here) I had a really spicy jalapeno burger. But it tasted good. Which reminds me I had so much pop since we didn't bring anything else with I think I'm going to stop drinking that stuff except on special occasions.
Well back to the concert. We got there at 5:30 and went to line up outside the doors. We were second in line so we got the closest seats we could with the cheaper tickets that we got. The seats were much closer than I thought they would be. The seats were angled right so even if we had a tall person in front of us we had no problem seeing over them. I think we were in about row 15 or so. Much, much closer than Oaks concert. We could see him pretty well.
He started off the concert with a song he sang as a prayer. Wow it was so peaceful. Then he left Caleb Stevenson Chapman(his son) to open the show. He was pretty good we bought his 5 song cd at the concert. He sang some of his songs and some classic worship songs.
Then Steven came out. He has 21 years of music so he started with a medley, Which had most of the songs I requested from the website (he did that for the first time in his career) but that wasn't even in the request section, So obviously I like some of the popular ones.
Then after the medley he talked about the black bins they had outside that we could donate our loose change in for his charity Shaohannah's Hope which helps families who can't afford to adopt. We new about this from his website so we took all our change we collected over the year combined it and brought it there. I really had no clue how much we gave but my sister told me after the concert that it came to over $200! Wow I didn't think it was that much. Then we got an intermission that lasted about 15 min.
Then he came back with The Great Adventure! Everyone was on there feet! After that Children of God which was The best part of the entire night. We made 3 signs as I said before that said 'We Are' and when he sang the song he sang "Who Is?" then we brought up our signs for "We Are, We Are We Are" and during the chorus. After he finished the song he asked us to come up with him in front of the stage and hold our signs up so everyone could see them. I gave him the picture I drew for him before we got all the way to the center of the stage. He asked us who we were and then we sang the chorus with him. Yep you heard right with him. He put the microphone in front of each of us for different lines. That was so COOL!!!!!!
Then we went back to our seats and the security guard who showed us the way said in a low quiet voice "Nice Job" People were giving us high fives and telling us they really liked our signs.
The rest of the concert was also AWESOME!!!! He chose two of my sisters' song they both requested called No Better Place. He announced their names before he sang it. Then he sang the one I was really hoping he would sing but wasn't sure if he would. He didn't say any names before it my thought since he sang the full song is that a lot of people requested it besides me. I loved it! His entire concert was really great. We said prayers with him throughout the show. Wow!
They took all the money they collected in the bins and counted it up and gave it to a local family at the end of the show that waited nine months to be approved. They were out of money and they were gonna give up when the next day they got the call to be Steven's guest at the show. Steven said that they would match up to $2000 from whatever we totaled. The total came to (drumroll) $3,200!!! Way Cool!
We all loved it so much better than the Oaks and we really like their show. All's I can say is that it would be very hard to find another concert that would be that great!

Here's the picture of him I drew. I scanned it on to the computer right before we left.

Steven Curtis Chapman 02-23-2008103943AM

Also if you ever get a chance to go to one of his concert you won't regret it! My dad's not really into music and didn't know like any of his songs and he Loved It!!!! We Are The Children Of God will be stuck in my head for weeks probably. I love it!
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Steven Curtis Chapman Empty Re: Steven Curtis Chapman

Post by Angie 2/26/2008, 10:17 am

It sounds like it was just an awesome night!! I still think it's so cool you got to go up on stage and sing! I can feel your excitement!

The picture you drew is great too!! I'm glad you got to give it to him!
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by geewindu 2/26/2008, 8:12 pm

Well, not exactly up on stage but right up in front of it. He wanted us to come up on stage but the security guard directed us to the front. It was very cool anyways! WOW!!!!
Here's a picture of me a lady named Melanie took of me:

Steven Curtis Chapman 258583399_C56Hm-M

My twin sisters:
Steven Curtis Chapman 258579419_f6NNG-M

Here's more pics from the concert she took!

Caleb Stevenson Chapman (Steven's son)
Steven Curtis Chapman 258539432_Ju9xJ-M
Steven Curtis Chapman 258554530_JPx3U-M

Will Franklin Chapman (his other son)
Steven Curtis Chapman 258583544_s8DAF-M

Steven Curtis Chapman
Steven Curtis Chapman 258585060_ZaJVS-M
Steven Curtis Chapman 258595754_iFjid-M
Steven Curtis Chapman 258597099_YDJGi-M-1
Steven Curtis Chapman 258602992_pTpW6-M
Steven and the parents who received the $3,200 for adoption.
Steven Curtis Chapman 258603533_Aswrp-M-1
Steven Curtis Chapman 258604074_928DP-M
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie 3/5/2008, 7:55 pm

Those pictures are great!! You look like you were having a blast!!

It's funny because I was just thinking about if you posted pictures or found a video of it yet. If I would use my brain more then maybe I would have looked back in this thread a little sooner Steven Curtis Chapman 726752
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by geewindu 3/7/2008, 11:43 pm

Well I think the pictures of my sisters is pretty good. I thought I looked kinda funny but at least you could tell I was singing. Laughing
I haven't found a video yet. Will keep looking for that video. Steven Curtis Chapman 687300
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie 3/8/2008, 11:45 am

That's Brooke in your avi isn't it? I just went to her myspace to see if she had any pictures and that is Brooke huh? Wow! I had to figure it out cause it was bothering me.

I'm gonna swipe her myspace pictures cause there are some great ones there for the forum graphics. Very Happy

I told you i'd be like Steven Curtis Chapman 726752 Laughing
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by geewindu 3/8/2008, 6:40 pm

Yep that's her. Very Happy I should go check out her myspace. I don't know why I haven't yet. Steven Curtis Chapman 726752
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie 3/8/2008, 7:39 pm

I just checked it out this morning! LOL I'm going to be posting all those pics at the forum too. Sometime. Very Happy
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by geewindu 3/9/2008, 3:33 am

Yep saw them there good job! I also checked out her myspace. I expected her song "Free" to be playing but maybe she can't while on Idol. I could see that song as a big single. Steven Curtis Chapman 440214
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by geewindu 5/28/2008, 6:37 pm

Steven Curtis Chapman 653533 Steven Curtis Chapman 653533 Steven Curtis Chapman 653533 Steven Curtis Chapman 653533 Steven Curtis Chapman 653533 Steven Curtis Chapman 653533 Steven Curtis Chapman 653533 Steven Curtis Chapman 653533 Steven Curtis Chapman 653533

In Loving Memory. Crying or Very sad

Steven Curtis Chapman L_2d04c17fea7445a3a28b691f00875b46

Steven Curtis Chapman Xinsrc_51205052310045621721518

Maria is the one by Steven.

Maria Sue Chapman, the 5-year-old daughter of Grammy-winning Christian music star Steven Curtis Chapman, was struck and killed Wednesday by a sport utility vehicle driven by her teenage brother, authorities said.

The girl was hit in the driveway of the family’s home just south of Nashville Wednesday afternoon, said Laura McPherson, a spokeswoman for the Tennessee Highway Patrol.

The brother, whose name and exact age weren’t available, apparently did not see the girl. No charges are expected.

“It looks like a tragic accident,” she said.

Chapman, who is originally from Paducah, Ky., and his wife have promoted international adoption and have three daughters from China, including Maria. They also have three biological children.

My prayers are going out to them. I just saw her in one of his video blogs not that long ago. :'(

Here's the three semi-recent videos with her from back in spring sometime.

She the first girl in this one singing the best of both worlds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MCGPbA6PLk&feature=related

And she's the girl on the right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-eXJM4vVmQ&NR=1

And here she is having fun washing dishes. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn8ajucsXr8&feature=user
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down