Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasia Exits Broadway's The Color Purple Jan. 6

Go down

Fantasia Exits Broadway's The Color Purple Jan. 6 Empty Fantasia Exits Broadway's The Color Purple Jan. 6

Post by Angie 1/8/2008, 7:27 pm

Playbill.com

By Adam Hetrick
and Andrew Gans
06 Jan 2008

Fantasia Barrino, the "American Idol" winner who earned critical love letters for her Broadway debut, concludes her run as Celie in The Color Purple at the Broadway Theatre Jan. 6.

Originally scheduled to end her Main Stem bow in October 2007, Barrino renewed her contract through the New Year.

Fantasia won "American Idol" in May 2004, in the show's third season, and in the final round defeated Diana DeGarmo, who subsequently appeared on Broadway in Hairspray. Fantasia has released two solo albums, "Free Yourself" in 2004 and "Fantasia" in December 2006.

Fantasia previously spoke to Playbill.com about playing the role of Celie. "If you really put yourself in her shoes," Fantasia said, "that can be very tiring. It can take a lot of energy out of you. I know when I get off the stage at night from shows, I'm exhausted. I run to my room, and I fall on the couch, and I have to take at least about ten minutes to wind down and to get my thoughts together and come out of the part of Celie."

Barrino succeeded Tony Award-winning actress LaChanze in the role of Celie. Following Barrino in the central role will be newcomer Zonya Love. Love makes her Broadway debut in Purple Jan. 9.
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down