Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Disappointing Guys - 3/4/08

2 posters

Go down

The Disappointing Guys - 3/4/08 Empty The Disappointing Guys - 3/4/08

Post by concertcris 3/5/2008, 9:56 am

The Disappointing Guys - 3/4/08 42241 Hello all. Tonight's review is done with total disappointment as I was so let down with the song choices the guys picked to hopefully get them into the top 6 spots. While Ryan was giving his welcome to the viewers and his usual intro to the judges I was waiting with sheer anticipation for the night of singing to begin as the 80's had so many great songs. Little did I know I would be in for a night of total boredom and frustration. Even our judges seemed out of sorts as Simon seemed bored also, Randy was not his usual "dawg" self and what the heck was going on with Paula being such a Chatty Cathy. Another thing I did not care for on this show was the guys telling us their most embarassing moments with some of them kind of gross so I am skipping that part. I could rant on and on but let's get to the show.

The Disappointing Guys - 3/4/08 440214 There is no doubt that Luke Menard is handsome. However he chooses to sing "Wake Me Up" by Wham and right away he sounded too girlish to me. Rough notes could also be heard. Luke said he wanted a fun song and in it's day maybe this song was that but in my opinion this rendition was not good enough and I felt the spark was off. The only thing I can say is this was a good dance number and Luke did show stage presence. Funny thing is both Randy and Simon thought what I thought however our Paula loved it. My grade: C-

Wink David Archuleta is playing the piano tonight as he sings "Another Day in Paradise" by Phil Collins. Good idea to show some versatility but I think it made him have a few off notes. Randy mentions this, "cheerful" Paula likes it and in a way so does Simon but he does mention that David needs to stop singing such gloomy songs and I agree, after all this kid is only 17 years old. Overall, this was a good performance but I was not totally blown away. My grade: B+

The Disappointing Guys - 3/4/08 510257 The moment Danny Noriega came on stage I could not get over how much he looked and sounded like a girl. He is dressed fairly feminine in jeans and a kind of sweater top and he has streaks of purple through his hair. With overly suggestive moves that come off gay he sings "Tainted Love" by Soft Cell. I have nothing against gay people however I found this performance on the disgusting side. Simon said it best by calling it horrible. Randy also was not so enthused but "happy" Paula called it spicy with Simon throwing in so does a chicken wing. Danny's smart remark "Whatever" to Simon's comments did not set well with me either. My grade: D

The Disappointing Guys - 3/4/08 399449 David Hernandez is singing "It's All Coming Back To Me" that was originally done by Meatloaf although many remember the cover that Celine Dion made of it. He starts off pretty good but as the song progresses he has some off notes and it seems to be going all over the place. Randy mentions the pitch problems although he thought it was a good choice of song. Paula of course liked him. Simon does not think it was as good as last week but feel he will be safe. I have my doubts on that one. My grade: B-

The Disappointing Guys - 3/4/08 681519 Another kind of bad performance follows with Michael Johns. He chooses to sing "Don't Forget About Me" by Simple Minds. He starts off well in his lower register but again as the song goes on he starts singing in too high of a key and by the end of the song he sounds like he is shouting the lyrics. No mention of this and I was surprised that the judges basically liked it. Simon does however mention that Michael has no connection with his songs yet. Personally I just did not like it at all. My grade: C

The Disappointing Guys - 3/4/08 686681 David Cook is doing "Hello" by Lionel Ritchie was which a very good ballad however he is playing the electric guitar and for me that kind of ruined this song. His vocals were pretty good except for one shouting area but overall it was one of the best tonight. The judges really liked it and think it could be a hit but sorry folks I would not be interested in getting it at all. My grade: B+

The Disappointing Guys - 3/4/08 754998 What is Jason Castro thinking with his obscure choice of song? He is singing "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen although Jeff Buckley did a cover of this song. The 80's had so much good music and to choose this left me feeling I was on another planet. Jason however does sound pleasant except for a few rough notes at the end. All the judges liked it with Simon even calling it brilliant. Sorry I so do not agree. My grade: B-

The Disappointing Guys - 3/4/08 991927 I was more entertained by Chikezie Eze as he sang "All The Woman I Need" or "He/She Fills Me Up". It was sung by Whitney Houston but Chikezie is doing the Luther Van Dross version and he sounds pretty good with some stage presence thrown in. Randy and Paula like it but Simon thinks it is caberet. Frankly I am so confused with Simon's remarks tonight. I thought this performance was one of the better ones overall. My grade: B

The Disappointing Guys - 3/4/08 378924 So there you have tonight's performance and frankly I really did not care for this show at all. I think both David Archuleta and Michael Johns are safely on their way to the top 6 as both have big fan bases. As for the other guys well not sure on who will be eliminated but definitely would get rid of Luke Menard and Danny Noreiga. I am worried for David Hernandez as with the recent rumors of his being a stripper this could hurt his chances of making the top 12 which is why I only voted for him tonight in spite of that not so good performance.

I am definitely hoping the girls do a better job with song choice or we will be in for another night of letdowns I think. Until tomorrow night's performances I wish all of you a great day! Smile

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

The Disappointing Guys - 3/4/08 Empty Re: The Disappointing Guys - 3/4/08

Post by geewindu 3/5/2008, 6:09 pm

Luke after that performance should be going home. It was I thought slightly better than his previous weeks. But that doesn't mean it was good.

David Archuleta had I think great vocals as usual and will have no problem making it through to next week. Simon said that he will make it to the top 2. I think it's definitely possible if he keeps up the great vocals.

Danny, should've been gone a while ago and I'm hoping he goes but since vote for the worst is on his side I think he may be safe.

David Hernandez sounded pretty good and I think he should and will make to the top 12.

Michael Johns wasn't that great but think he will be safe. He was the 4th worst of the night.

David Cook I think did another great job as usual. I think he'll have no problem making the top 6.

Jason Castro really surprised me. I haven't cared for him the previous two weeks he wasn't bad in my opinion but he wasn't good. But this week I don't know what came over him but I think He was the best of the night. It was Awesome!!!! This is what I want to see him do. His best performance and one of the best yet!!!!! The Disappointing Guys - 3/4/08 291351

Chikezie Eze was pretty bad all around tonight. That means he's 1 for 3.

With the exception of my bottom 3 I think it was a GREAT night for the guys. Let's hope that the Girls can do well too.

Favorites of the night: Jason Castro, David Archuleta, & David Cook
Who's going: Luke and Chikeze (though hopefully Danny)
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down