Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Entertaining Night - The Girls - 3/5/08

3 posters

Go down

Entertaining Night - The Girls - 3/5/08 Empty Entertaining Night - The Girls - 3/5/08

Post by concertcris 3/6/2008, 10:00 am

Entertaining Night - The Girls - 3/5/08 754423 Hello all. What a difference a day makes as the girls take the stage tonight. I feel so much better after having viewed the girls performances as I was so entertained by many of the performances. Ryan tells us the pressure is intense but if the viewing audience is sensible there is no doubt who should have the top 6 coveted spots of the girls. After their introductions the judges give a little spiel on questions asked of them by Ryan. Randy's involves the fact that the girls need to bring it. Paula talks about the 80's music and Simon basically says that each girl is at risk. So obviously they are ready to get started and so am I so let's do it. One last note: pretty generic embarassing moments from the girls so I will be skipping that part of the show.

cheers Asiah Epperson is our first performer and is doing Whitney Houston. I usually do not like anyone doing Whitney because invariably the judges are going to be negative and of course Simon was. However both Randy and Paula were right on with their remarks in my opinion. Asiah looks great and sings even better as she performs "I Want To Dance With Somebody". Lots of energy and frankly I thought Asiah even sounded like Whitney. Excellent is my take with Randy calling it hot and Paula saying she nailed it. My grade: A

Entertaining Night - The Girls - 3/5/08 754998 Oh no, Kady Molloy is doing Queen. She takes the stage to perform "Who Wants To Live Forever". Overall, this was not horrible as the vocal was okay but this is really a gloomy song and I felt gloomy listening to it. Even Simon mentions the gloom. The problem with Kady is she is totally lacking in personality when she sings. Simon mentions it is like a robot and I have to agree. Randy thought it was pretty good and Paula mentions this is her best performance so far. That thought I agree with because as mentioned the vocal was not bad but I doubt I would want to buy a cd of hers unless it was one of her impersonations as she is much better at that. My grade: B-

Entertaining Night - The Girls - 3/5/08 613758 The rocker chick is back as Amanda Overmeyer gives a performance that actually gave me chills. She is singing Joan Jett's "I Hate Myself For Loving You" and not only is the vocal great but she looks great also with her jeans, black top and scarves. Randy calls it well done, Paula likes it and Simon is the big surprise by calling it "fantastic". I so agree with Simon, it was great! My grade: A

Sad Last week Carly Smithson was so good so this week I felt let down as she performs Cyndi Lauper's "I Drove All Night". Too soft of a beginning, pitchy notes and overall in my opinion and Simon's the wrong song choice. Both Randy and Paula liked it. I feel she is better than that song and to pick it for this special night was not good. All I can add is that it was a okay vocal but I was not blown away at all. My grade: B

Entertaining Night - The Girls - 3/5/08 141279 I have to agree with Randy that Journey was one of the better bands of the 80's. Tonight Kristy Lee Cook will be singing "Faithfully" by them. Sadly though she gives it a country twang, pitchy notes all over the place and stands like she is riding a horse. Another thing that bothers me about this girl is her eyes, she looks crossed-eyed at times. I really liked the paisley top she was wearing but other than that this was not a good performance. Randy says he liked it, Simon calls it forgettable (I agree) but Paula thinks this song could be a hit in the country field. No way Paula! My grade: C

Entertaining Night - The Girls - 3/5/08 378924 Our next girl is cute little Ramiele Malubay. Once again we have to endure Phil Collins "Against All Odds". Boy am I sick of this song being sung ever season. I think Ramiele is a very good singer however tonight I was disappointed with her rendition of this song. It was just okay. All the judges were positive with their feedback however one thing that should have been mentioned is the lack of stage presence from this girl. She just stands there each and every time we have seen her and that may end up being the cause for her elimination from this show. My grade: B

Smile Brooke White is doing Pat Benatar's "Love Is A Battlefield" and frankly I was surprised by this choice. However, with just an acoustic guitar as back-up she does a slowed down version of the song that actually sounded good. Randy finds it interesting and liked it, Paula loves her pure voice and Simon calls it a great performance. I would not go that far but have to say it was one of the best we have seen from her so far. My big rant with her is I am tired of the mellow, folksy vibe I get each time she performs. Mostly she bores me but tonight was very good. My grade: B+

I love you Another Whitney song as Syesha Mercado sings "Savin All My Love". For the first time I truly enjoyed this girl's performance. Very controlled notes that were right on and no screaming the lyrics. Definitely she is a contender for one of the spots of the top 6. The judges also agreed this was very good. My grade: A

Entertaining Night - The Girls - 3/5/08 49837 Once again have to mention that overall the girls were so much better than the guys in my opinion as they definitely kept me interested. My vote to go is Kristy Lee Cook and Kady Molloy and hopefully this will be the case. I personally can not wait until tonight to find out the results so will have to keep busy to make the time go faster. I look forward to hearing what you think and wish you a wonderful day!

Entertaining Night - The Girls - 3/5/08 142380

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Entertaining Night - The Girls - 3/5/08 Empty Re: Entertaining Night - The Girls - 3/5/08

Post by Angie 3/6/2008, 12:20 pm

Great review as always and I agree with you on some of the performances. In particular I had to copy and past what I wrote about Kristy as it's so similar to what you said:

There are many things that bother me about Kristy visually. I know, superficial, but I seem to be focusing more than just the voice this season. Her eyes bother me for some odd reason and also she always stands with her legs spread so wide apart. Anyway, I did not like this at all. I think she sounded pitchy, but the judges liked it even though Simon said she was forgettable. She tried to make it country and make it her own, but for me it didn’t work out. I just thought it wasn’t good at all and I really think she may be in trouble this week.

I thought that I was the only one who felt this way.

I actually posted my review in this section too so you can go see what I said, but I do agree with you about Ramiele as well....she is becoming boring even though she does have a great voice.

I also think Kady and Kristy will be going, but as I'm never impressed with Syesha I have her as a possibility of being in the bottom tonight as well.

Until next time....
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Entertaining Night - The Girls - 3/5/08 Empty Re: Entertaining Night - The Girls - 3/5/08

Post by geewindu 3/7/2008, 3:28 am

Asia'h I didn't think was as good as the judges said but thought she would've made it to the top 12.

Kady Malloy was still not very good. I thought she was gonna go. And I was right. Very Happy

Amanda finally did really well like I was hoping she would. Best of the night!!!! She totally made that song her own!!!! Entertaining Night - The Girls - 3/5/08 613758 Entertaining Night - The Girls - 3/5/08 613758 Entertaining Night - The Girls - 3/5/08 613758

Carly again I didn't like but she was better than the first two girls.

I thought Kristy Lee Cook did a great job at making that song country. I liked her. Getting better every week. At this rate she might make it to the Idol Gives back show.

Ramiele didn't do quite as well as she has previously. She needs to do an upbeat song next week to get everyone's attention.

BRAVO!!!! Brooke White did a wonderful job singing "Love Is A Battlefield". She knows how to make a song her own. While I think Amanda did better during this night Brooke comes in second and is officially who I will be polling for to win American Idol!

I thought syesha did have good vocals but thought that she was forgettable and going to go. Ooops my bad. Razz I couldn't remember any of her previous performances. But in that way she was a lot like Haley from last year. Somebody likes her. Smile

Overall I thought the only one who did really poorly was Kady Malloy and would've liked her to be the only girl to go and instead they shoul've gotten rid of Danny, Luke, and Chekezie.

My Favorites of the night: Amanda Overmeyer, Brooke White, and Kristy Lee Cook.
Who I thought was going: Kady, and Syesha
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down