Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ladies – 3/5/08 - Return of the 80s

Go down

The Ladies – 3/5/08 - Return of the 80s Empty The Ladies – 3/5/08 - Return of the 80s

Post by Angie 3/6/2008, 11:17 am

So I decided to post my review here as well as everywhere else I'm posting it. I'll post my guys here as well as nobody is visiting the blog yet as it's so new. I don't care, but this just makes it easier Very Happy Hope you enjoy!

Cool

Here we are again, but this time with the ladies. Can they bring it tonight like the guys did last night? Read on and see what I thought about that. And of course my predictions are listed as well.

Asia’h – ‘I Wanna Dance With Somebody’

First I’m not surprised she picked a Whitney song, and I’m guessing the judges will address this. I think she had a very energetic performance. Her vocals were good. Good choice of song for her and I actually liked it. I was not blown away, which seems to be a hard thing to do for me this season. I do believe that Asia’h will make it to the next round. I’m looking forward to seeing her grow more in the competition.

Kady – ‘Who Wants To Live Forever’

I really hope that is the name of the Queen song Kady picked. I really didn’t know that song and if you’re going to take on a song as hard as Queen you better bring it. In my notes I wrote that this was really risky song choice. I’m glad she picked a hard song as it shows she really wants to stay in this competition and is willing to take risks to show that she can sing. Did this work? I don’t think so. She did just okay for me and as I write this the following morning I just really don’t remember the performance. It could also be because I don’t know the song. In any case I think Kady should be worried as I believe she will be going home tonight. Hope to see you in the future Kady doing Britney impression because when you do that you rock!!!

Amanda – ‘Hate Myself For Loving You’

What can I say about Amanda? She has cool clothes, great stage presence, and I’m even starting to like the moves she makes on stage. Last week was a complete mess for her, but this week she picked the most perfect song for her and really, really did an awesome job. I wrote down some stupid comment on how her voice sounds the same. Well, duh. She can’t change the tone of her voice. She was in my top 3 performances of the night and I believe we will be able to see Amanda make that top 12! YAY!!

Carly – ‘I Drove All Night’

First off I have to say that I hadn’t really been impressed with Carly up until this performance. The girl is growing on me. She has a great personality, looks great, and has a powerhouse voice. The Irish accent comes through at times and I’m really starting to like her. I actually missed the beginning of the performance, but what I did see I think she really did an awesome job! Even though I’m still waiting for her to blow me away, which is the same thing I’m waiting for from all the girls, she is definitely in my top 3 of the night. She will be sailing through to the next round.

Side note: I think Paula has some new ‘juice’ in her cup these past few weeks. WTF is up with the judges? It was so weird and Simon was the only one who gave any kind of human criticism out of the three. It was just a weird judges thing for me.

Kristy – ‘Faithfully’

There are many things that bother me about Kristy visually. I know, superficial, but I seem to be focusing more than just the voice this season. Her eyes bother me for some odd reason and also she always stands with her legs spread so wide apart. Anyway, I did not like this at all. I think she sounded pitchy, but the judges liked it even though Simon said she was forgettable. She tried to make it country and make it her own, but for me it didn’t work out. I just thought it wasn’t good at all and I really think she may be in trouble this week.

Ramiele – ‘Against All Odds’

Now Ramiele has a big voice for a cute, little girl. Yeah, we know that, but I thought it was a weird song choice. I thought it was a boring performance and not original. Is she nervous? Not confident? I haven’t heard this big voice she has in awhile and wonder if she’s already given us her all. I do like her voice and I do believe she will be in the Top 12. I just hope she brings something more exciting to the competition and lets her voice just go. She has not blown me away at all and I’m waiting for that one perfect song.

Danny was wearing her glasses? They must be BFF so now I’m so jealous!

Brooke – ‘Love is a Battlefield’

When I heard she was going to sing this song I figured this was going to be a mess and just a bad song choice. She chose not to play an instrument, but go acoustic. She started out sitting down on the stage and I kept waiting for her to get up but she never did. Good choice Brooke as it worked. I loved the arrangement of the song. I loved that she put herself out there, just her and the guitar, and we could focus on her voice. I thought it was brilliant. I thought it was original and I absolutely loved it. I could go to a small club and sit there and listen to her all day and just relax and be mellow. Way to go Brooke. She completed my top 3 favorites of the night. I’m really looking forward to what else she will bring to this competition.

Syesha – ‘Saving All My Love’

Wow. Two Whitney songs in one night. Can we get any more excited? I don’t think so. I have to say this was a very predictable song choice for her. I’m not a real fan of hers as she yells too much when she sings, which was missing a little from this performance. All in all I really don’t have much to say about her performance. I was not blown away, it was predictable, and it was just a performance and nothing special IMO. I guess they were running out of time as we got a bunch of one word critiques from the judges.

I do have to say that the guys have a huge advantage this season as they are fresh, fun and exciting and the girls are just….okay I guess. I just don’t know the right words to say. I do have to say thought that I’m so excited for the Top 12. I have to make a prediction though. I do think that when the Top 12 starts and we starting sending people packing that we are going to be getting rid of some girls first. I just think we have such a great crop of guys this season, and some of the girls are great too, but the boys outshine them by a mile (or more). We’ll find out this evening who will be our Top 12, but here are my predictions.

My favorites of the night: Amanda, Carly, & Brooke
Who’s in Danger: Kady & Kristy and I’m going to go out on a limb and say maybe even Syesha.

My picks for the top 6 girls:
1. Carly
2. Brooke
3. Amanda
4. Ramiele
5. Asia’h
6. Kristy or Syesha

So what do you all think? I’d love to hear your thoughts on the girls and what your predictions are. I’ll be back tomorrow with my review of the results show. I can’t wait for the cheesy 80s group sing and to see the love of my life Blake *swoons*

Until next time…… The Ladies – 3/5/08 - Return of the 80s 613758
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down