Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guys 3/4/08 – Rockin’ in the 80s

2 posters

Go down

The Guys 3/4/08 – Rockin’ in the 80s Empty The Guys 3/4/08 – Rockin’ in the 80s

Post by Angie 3/6/2008, 5:46 pm

Here we are, the last performance show on the small stage and the guys tackle the 80s. It’s also their first time live. They did quite well and proved that they can bring it. In my opinion there are a few guys, well most, that are a shoe in for the six coveted spots for the guys in the Top 12. It was crucial for the guys to show us what they got and I think they delivered and some made some great song choices.

Luke – ‘Wake me Up Before You Go Go’
Okay. So I do love this song, but I was a little confused as to why Luke picked this song. He’s got great range and I thought he was awesome on the falsetto and did show some charisma during this performance. But, I’m still not feeling the “wow” when he performs. I really want to like this guy, but for me it was just okay. I’m left to wonder if because he is an a cappella singer that he could do much better without the band. Also, I wonder if he’s a little uncomfortable without the rest of his group behind him as I’ve heard some of their performances and they are awesome IMO. If he does get another chance I think he should have the band take a break and just perform a cappella. I did enjoy his performance more than I have his previous performances, but I think just by bad song choice he secured his ticket home this week. Maybe his fans can save him. Bye, Bye Luke. It was nice to know ya. The Guys 3/4/08 – Rockin’ in the 80s 653533

David A. – ‘Another Day in Paradise’
First Ryan has to embarrass the poor kid by telling the country that he’s thirsty and has to pee. Did we really need to hear all that? I don’t think so. But David starts out playing the piano. I think his vocals were a little shaky. He was a little pitchy, but all in all I can’t deny this kid can sing. I’m probably in the minority, but he just does not blow me away. I actually don’t see all the hype like the rest of the world does. Yes he has a great voice, but he’s just like anyone else you hear on the radio and doesn’t blow me away. I don’t think he was as good as last week. The choice of song was a little strange for me as well. I have to agree with Simon that he needs to show us something other than ballads and come out and have some fun. This performance was boring David is definitely going to make it to that big stage.

Danny – ‘Tainted Love’
Okay so I love this song so much and I hated this arrangement of it. Because of that I was just totally uninterested in his whole performance. With that said I do think he did a good job with it and put on a good performance, but again because of the arrangement I didn’t like it. Danny is a good entertainer. There is no denying that and I would love to be his BFF, but in my opinion he should not make it to the next round. His vocals are just okay for me, nothing special or unique in the tone of his voice. Like I said, I would like to see Danny go home this week, but I have a feeling that he will be safe yet again.

David H. – ‘It’s All Coming Back to Me’
First off I have to say that I could give a shit that he used to be a stripper. He’s sexy so if he did a stripper show I’d go, and I really pray this new bit of information doesn’t send him home this week. I think he put on a strong performance, although he seemed nervous and I liked him better last week. He did have some pitch problems, but I thought it was a good song choice for him and he really worked it out. I think he’s an overall great entertainer and he is improving from week to week. I do think that David has no worries and will make it into the Top 12. Yay!! He is definitely one of my favorites.

Michael – ‘Don’t You Forget About Me’
I do have to start out by saying that Michael is not one of my favorites in the competition as I don’t really like the tone of his voice because to me he always sounds…what’s the right word…shaky? Vibrato like? Whatever it is I just don’t care for that sound. But, I do think he made an excellent song choice this week and put on a good performance. I did not love it because as I said before I just don’t like his voice much. I have to agree with Simon in that he should be the soul singer that we heard in his audition. I loved that. I think I’ve like him less as each week passes too. I do believe he has no worries though about making the Top 12, but I do not see him as a frontrunner like I did in the beginning of the competition.

David C. – ‘Hello’
When I heard David was singing Lionel Ritchie’s ‘Hello’ I was like WTF? Why the hell is this man picking this song to sing? When he started the song I think his guitar sounded strange and I was still WTF? Is he going to make ‘Hello’ a rock song? Well, yes he is. Sort of. In past weeks I wasn’t sure if I liked David and I didn’t like his hair and I thought he did some creepy things with his facial expressions and he sort of kinda creeped me out. Well…after his performance I have a total change of heart. This man has now got me hooked and I was actually ‘Wowed’ by this performance. It was a total risk to change this song the way he did, but he totally worked it out and by the end I wasn’t all “WTF?” anymore!! I was more like ‘Holy Shit!!” I loved the arrangement and I totally agree with the judges that this could be recorded, played on the radio, and be a huge hit. His vocals were great. I even thought he looked sexy and I think I fell in love. The first person to give me chills this season and the first to totally blow me away! I could listen to this over and over (and I have). I think he has a lot of tricks up his sleeve and hope he can come out and do something like this again. He is definitely now one of my favorites and I’m looking forward to hearing what else he’s got to show us. WTG David on securing a spot in the Top 12! I’m looking forward to seeing you next week! P.S. I love you. I love you The Guys 3/4/08 – Rockin’ in the 80s 87757 I love you

Jason – ‘Hallelujah’
I have to start out by saying that I already have a little crush on Jason. I love the tone of his voice, I love his style, and I definitely love his baby blue eyes *faints* I have never heard this song before (am I the only one?), but I loved it! I was a little worried seeing him sitting there without a guitar. He looked so scared and vulnerable and extremely nervous, but he really did a great job with this song. The ending notes were a little bad, and I think Jason knew that too by the look on his face. He is adorable. I actually think this would have been a good song to play the guitar with, but also glad he took the judges advice from last week. I just hope it doesn’t discourage him from picking up that guitar again. I could listen to this kid sing all day. I am seeing him grow and improve from week to week as well. Yes, if you haven’t figured out already he is definitely one of my favorites in this competition, and I’m so happy that we’ll be seeing him in the Top 12. He is becoming one of the people to beat in this competition as I’m sure we’ll see him continue to grow. Jason…I love you too! I love you I love you

Chikezie – ‘All the Woman I Need’
Last but not least we have Chikezie. First off I have to say that I kind of like the guy. He has a great voice. I was surprised at the choice of song even though he did sing this at his initial audition and did a good job. That’s what he did here. A good job. Nothing spectacular, nothing special. He was even kind of pitchy, but overall he was still good. I really don’t like or dislike him at this time. I liked him last week better. He may be in danger this week. I do hope he makes it to the Top 12, but I have a feeling we won’t be seeing him again on the Idol stage.

My favorites of the night: David C. & Jason
Who is in danger: Luke and either Chikezie or Danny (although I have a feeling he’ll be sticking around as he does have VFTW behind him)

I also want to make a prediction on who I think will make the Top 6 guys.

1. David A. (duh)
2. Jason (might be my new TV boyfriend)
3. David C. (may be in competition with above for TV boyfriend)
4. Michael (like I said, I don’t think he’s a frontrunner anymore)
5. David H. (unless his stripper past hurts him, although it’s sexy IMO)
6. Chikezie or Danny (I prefer Chikezie, but I really don’t care either way)

So, What do you all think? I’d love to hear your comments on the guys. This competition is getting really good with the guys and I’m really excited for them to hit the big stage and show us what they really got! I have a feeling a lot more nerves will surface during the Top 12 and especially since they will be singing Beatles….hopefully someone will bring it as I’m afraid of any of them butchering a Beatles song.
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

The Guys 3/4/08 – Rockin’ in the 80s Empty Re: The Guys 3/4/08 – Rockin’ in the 80s

Post by killerqueen 3/6/2008, 7:26 pm

I wish Luke could have done a song like Along Comes a Woman by Chigaco or another Citera song like Glory of Love. He needs to shoew that he can do something nobody else can do. I hope he gets a chance to try again next week. I'm scared for him tonight.
Love,
Michelle

killerqueen

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

The Guys 3/4/08 – Rockin’ in the 80s Empty Re: The Guys 3/4/08 – Rockin’ in the 80s

Post by Angie 3/6/2008, 7:37 pm

I'm scared for him tonight too. I really would like him to stay around because he does have a great voice and I'm so afraid he's going to leave.

Actually....right now I would like all the guys to stay and have them send home four girls Very Happy
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by killerqueen 3/6/2008, 9:42 pm

Angie wrote:I'm scared for him tonight too. I really would like him to stay around because he does have a great voice and I'm so afraid he's going to leave.

Actually....right now I would like all the guys to stay and have them send home four girls Very Happy

Luke's gone Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Ok, ya'll stay tuned to see if Michelle can find a new favorite.

killerqueen

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie 3/6/2008, 10:03 pm

Sad I'm so sad.

I hope you find a new favorite. I'm waiting to hear who that could be Very Happy
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down