Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Idol Needs a David Cook Win Over David Archuleta

3 posters

Go down

American Idol Needs a David Cook Win Over David Archuleta Empty American Idol Needs a David Cook Win Over David Archuleta

Post by Angie 3/28/2008, 1:43 pm

David Cook has turned in stellar performances throughout American idol and many believe that he has the most talent of any of the idol wannabes. But David Archuleta is 17 years old and he has all the tweens voting for him in droves no matter if he forgets the lyrics or sings a song that anyone has ever heard of. What is more important in winning American idol as the two favorites battle it out?

Archuleta is a bit vanilla for many tastes and seems to be struggling of late with song choices and delivery and at some point he may begin to lose votes. David Cook does seem to have some cross over talent and may get some of the younger votes while still pleasing enough of the older fans of the show with his edge.

Read the full article here.
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

American Idol Needs a David Cook Win Over David Archuleta Empty Re: American Idol Needs a David Cook Win Over David Archuleta

Post by concertcris 3/29/2008, 11:03 am

American Idol Needs a David Cook Win Over David Archuleta 686681 Okay these are my thoughts on this subject. I honestly think David Cook has a shot at taking the title as each week he is garnering more fans while others are falling behind such as Jason Castro making bottom 3 this week. My real problem with Mr. Cook is he is too much like Chris Daughtry with the way he stands, delivers his song with mic stand in hand and most importantly his ego. I do not think he is a handsome guy at all but does have some charisma.

David Archuleta on the other hand gives off this cute cuddley vibe and that is why I think the girls are goo-goo over him. Also in spite of some not so good performances this kid can really sing and I honestly would be interested in buying music from him as I do like his voice.

One other thing that just came about this week was the uproar the Chris Cornell fans displayed on the net about David Cook taking credit for the arrangement of "Billie Jean". Not once during the judges comments did he mention that the arrangement was another person's. This brings us back to Season 5 when Daughtry basically did the same thing after singing Live's version of "I Walk The Line". Only on the following week did Chris copped to it being done by Live that he copied. I am wondering if David will copped to it next week. I do remember Ryan saying a little something about Chris Cornell during the results show.

One thing that we do need to remember is whomever does win is not guaranteed success as Jordin Sparks is really not doing that great in sales and even Blake Lewis who was a favorite has basically fallen off the charts. Also keep in mind if Clive Davis does not agree with you he might sabotage the career of whoever like he did with Taylor. Time will tell I guess.

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

American Idol Needs a David Cook Win Over David Archuleta Empty Re: American Idol Needs a David Cook Win Over David Archuleta

Post by killerqueen 3/29/2008, 9:44 pm

Clive Davis has to like them or else, the big meanie! LOL

killerqueen

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie 3/30/2008, 1:12 pm

If I remember correctly when Ryan introduced Cook he said it was Chris Cornell's version, but I'd have to watch it again to be sure.

I like Cook. With that said, to me he seems to be getting a little cocky. Not sure if I'd buy his CD or not, but I do like him more than i liked Daughtry.

I may be better for some of these contestants to NOT win as they may have more freedom in what type of CD they will put out.

For me Castro needs to change it up. I like him a lot and could go watch him perform all day. Same with Brooke. I've seen some of her pre-Idol live performances and she knows how to work the audience and she performs well.

I don't like Archuleta. I think he has a good voice. I just think he should have waited a few years to join this competition. He doesn't need this competition to have a music career IMO. But, with all his fans he will make it far, but I'm not sure he'll be in the final. He's becoming boring for me.

I don't even know if Cook will win this. It may be better for him if he doesn't.

Last season was so boring compared to season 5 and this season. I wouldn't be surprised if Jordin and Blake get dropped soon.
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by concertcris 3/31/2008, 7:56 am

American Idol Needs a David Cook Win Over David Archuleta 991927 Hi Angie. Yep, Ryan did say it was the Cornell version but David never really copped to it just said he was glad or something to that effect.

At this point of the contest I think several have a shot of winning this but I already know whose cd I would buy and it would not be Brooke or Jason. They could easily put me to sleep.

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down