Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simon Talks about Idols losing record deal.

3 posters

Go down

Simon Talks about Idols losing record deal. Empty Simon Talks about Idols losing record deal.

Post by Angie 1/9/2008, 5:15 pm

hollywoodinsider.ew.com

Jan 9, 2008, 03:24 PM | by Shirley Halperin

What does American Idol judge Simon Cowell make of news that Taylor Hicks, Ruben Studdard, and Katharine McPhee no longer have record deals? During a conference call this morning, he addressed the issue, telling reporters, "It's a reflection on the unpredictability of the record business. Fortunately, we got it right more than we got it wrong.... There's no scientific way to explain what happens. It's a reality show and what happens at the end is also reality."

As for his own future on American Idol, Cowell hinted that he may be hitting the road as well, once his contract expires in two years.
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Simon Talks about Idols losing record deal. Empty Re: Simon Talks about Idols losing record deal.

Post by killerqueen 2/29/2008, 10:55 pm

I think if American Idol helpe market the strengths of their winners, they would all be better off. I think Simon is bored. Maybe they could get Judge Judy to take his place!
Love,
Michelle

killerqueen

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Simon Talks about Idols losing record deal. Empty Re: Simon Talks about Idols losing record deal.

Post by Angie 3/1/2008, 11:55 am

Yes...good marketing skills is a plus. It seems they don't know how to market just anyone. Only the pop stars who are basically the same as everyone else out there and so they won't ever last long in the music world either IMO.

You know, ever since the auditions aired this season I've kept thinking that Simon has looked really bored.

They could always use Nigel Lithgoe as a judge. He does judge So You Think You Can Dance, but he was a dancer. I Like Nigel on that show.

Judge Judy would be fun too, but I doubt she'd do that.
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by geewindu 3/1/2008, 3:40 pm

It would definitely be interesting if Judge Judy took his place. haha.
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by killerqueen 3/2/2008, 9:01 am

LOL, I could just hear her now, "Shut up Ryan untill I finish talking!" "Young lady, you need to concentrate more on your singing and less on exposing your bosoms" LOL!
Can you think of any Judyisms she might hurl on the show?

killerqueen

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by geewindu 3/3/2008, 12:14 am

Nope I've only seen her a handful of times but I'd know she'd be fun to watch as a judge. Laughing
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down