Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wed. May 13th '08 - A solid night for the Davids but will it save them?

2 posters

Go down

Wed. May 13th '08 - A solid night for the Davids but will it save them? Empty Wed. May 13th '08 - A solid night for the Davids but will it save them?

Post by geewindu 5/14/2008, 3:37 am

Here's my review, first we are reminded that Archuleta auditioned a High School Student, Syesha was an actress, and Cook a bartender. Then on with the show. (I so wish they would say nanny instead of actress and Brooke suddenly appeared in her spot, I can dream can't I?)

First up

David Archuleta

Paula's Choice
And So It Goes (Billy Joel) -20- This was very good vocally and one of the best of the night. I liked it. (I did not just say that. ;D) Though I must say he did look like he was bored at the end of it.

His Choice
With You (Chris Brown) -20+- This was pretty good too, probably his most entertaining performance to date even if the vocals weren't as great.

Producers' Choice
Longer (Dan Fogelberg) -19- I found this quite boring idk why though. He had great vocals as usual but maybe 'cause it was another ballad? The song itself could've been good I really don't know I would have to watch it again.

Overall not bad a definitely deserving of being in the finale now. And to think I only yawned during one of his songs! This kid is growing on me though in order for me to actually like him he'd have to do something I'd consider extrordinaire.

Next is

Syesha Mercado

Randy's Choice
If I Ain't Got You (Alicia Keys) -12- Very boring and back to the old Syesha who tries to do the impossible without succeeding. Vocals weren't bad at all but they weren't great.

Her Choice
Fever (Peggy Lee) -16- Yikes is right!!! I thought she was gonna have a Kat McPhee moment and expose something. As for the song choice WTH!!!! She chose this and therefore supposed to show what kind of album she'd want to make, What!?! Horrible song choice. Vocal wasn't bad though.

Producers' Choice
Hit Me Up (Gia Farrell) -15 (it got this high of a rating for looks and personality basically)- Worst performance. She did pretty bad on the vocals, and it wasn't very good overall. It was pretty forgettable.

I will say that she definitely belongs on broadway but after tonight I'd be surprised if she'd even make it big there as I once thought. She should go tomorrow but don't know if she will. Archuleta's fanbase is so huge and Syesha's got people voting 'cause she's black and female.

And Lastly

David Cook

Simon's Choice
First Time I Ever Saw Your Face (Robeta Flack) -21+++ Great vocal and definitely hard song to sing. Looked great. I thought it was pretty good for sure.

First round to Cook

His Choice
Dare You To Move (Switchfoot) -17- I liked it personally but it definitely wasn't great. It felt as if the song was very, very short. Especially after Syesh'a which seemed really long. An easily forgettable song. He might've picked it 'cause he wanted to do the studio version of it. Then I'm sure it would sound great with a full version but will it sound great as a studio is the question. They only get to record one and I believe it is the one they choose. I think that's why no one chose one of the songs they previously did.

2nd round to Archuleta

Producers' Choice
I Don't Want To Miss A Thing -23+- I must say Wow! I loved it! I think it may just be his best performance this season! Wow! I loved it!!! I'm hoping I'm wrong on how they do the studio versions as I want this one! Easily the best of the night! He put everything into this and this alone makes him deserving of being in the finale and I hope winning. Best performance of the night!

3rd round definitely Cook.

Overall though I think this was a good night. What would've made it better? A better song choice for Cook's middle song, a better song choice for Archuleta's last one, and Brooke in place of Syesha. ;D That would've been the best top 3 show ever! I still think it may be up there. This one and season 5 were definitely the best top 3 performances. Now only if Brooke were there. Sad Then it would've been the best for me as IMO Brooke's better than Taylor, Cook Better than Elliot, and by far Archuleta better than Kat.
Now we've got Syesha who's better than Kat, Cook better than Elliot, and Taylor Better than Archie. But Taylor's better IMO than all three these guys. So it's a toss up.

Anyways pretty great show and much better than last year's even though I liked all three last year they aren't even in the same league as most these guys. They are all better than Kat and Syesha but no where in the league of the others.

Brooke, Taylor, D.Cook, and Carrie are my fave idols. Brooke way above the others, Taylor and Carrie tied in second, and Cook in a distant third.

My bottom 3 prediction: (Duh)
My Top 3 of the night: (again duh)

I don't think that works anymore. ;D

I'll go with the best of the night: David Cook

Who's going: Any have the possibility I'm think it should be Syesha after those performances. But it will be? This is too hard umm I still think Syesha. But then Kat made the finale so I don't really know.

I'm hoping for a David/David finale. I never thought I'd say that but with Brooke gone it's obvious who should be in the finale.
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Wed. May 13th '08 - A solid night for the Davids but will it save them? Empty Re: Wed. May 13th '08 - A solid night for the Davids but will it save them?

Post by concertcris 5/14/2008, 12:35 pm

Very Happy Hey there. Good re-cap and I almost agree. David Cook for sure won the night by a mile and should even win the title I think. Loved that Roberta Flack classic by him. Second song, not a good song at all but he did okay. Third song would have been so much better without that guitar player but his vocals were very good.

Syesha gave me that total feeling of being an actress rather than a great singer. Really did not care for any of her performances but she did look good. Holy cow, I sound like Paula.

Young David seemed awkward tonight but I did like his vocals on songs one and three. Not wild about the Chris Brown number but A for effort. He should be in second position for sure.

Like you I am torn wondering who will be in the finale but hopefully, Syesha will be packing tonight.

Overall, I thought this show was pretty lifeless and sure miss the excitement I have felt on other seasons. I hope the finale will be alot better.

Until next time, have a great day! Smile

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down