Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review of Top 36 (set 1)

2 posters

Go down

Review of Top 36 (set 1) Empty Review of Top 36 (set 1)

Post by geewindu 2/19/2009, 4:43 am

Welcome to the good part of the season finally woooh! Wink

Now onto a little review...

By far Danny was the best guy of the night and Alexis, the best girl. As for Michael? I wasn't really expecting him to move on, he wasn't bad but wasn't great. I'm guessing the audience listened to Simon's plea when he said he hoped Michael would make it thru.

I like Jackie Tohn in Hollywood but she disappointed me, but I hope she is given the wildcard because I think she has potential still.

Stevie? oh my... she was just the worst of the night. Kinda makes me feel bad for her. She sang Taylor swift worse than taylor swift does when she's live (which most the time I think is pretty bad).

I think Ricky has a good voice but had no exposure prior to the show and he sang a slightly boring song. So yeah that is why he is gone.

I think Anoop probably should've made it over Michael. Michael seems kinda average to me.. he does seem like a great guy but just an average singer... like Brent Keith did average country singing.

Overall it was a below par night where I think most everyone struck out. Heck Anoop seemed a little off to me. (Blame my missing sound system if you must, it's in the shop).

I did think Ann Marie had a good vocal, but that was really it, it was good, and not by a long shot better than others from this show have sang it.

And let me say right now which I've probably said before but I'm gonna reiterate, Tatiana is the most annoying contestant this show has ever seen. However her voice was definitely pone of the better ones of the night. I'm really hoping she doesn't get wildcard. I'm thinking Anoop just might. See as he was only 20,000 votes behind Michael. Well in two hours you can vote 1,000 times. I've done it before. So Michael has 20 more friends who will dilligently call for him than Anoop? It actually sounds like it could be that.

Anyways overall not the best way to start the season as I was looking forward to about half or more of the contestants and think most of them fell on their faces.

I will say of the night, I think I like Alexis the best, and tho Danny is good (heck he sang a "Brooke" song pretty darn good!) I do think the judges are pimping him too much. As they did with Archie last year early on I think they were really pimping him to the top 12 and heck to win this whole dang thing. Yeah so I never once thought about voting for him (tho my siblings did) as well I had two main objectives. Get Alexis into the top 12 and do what I could to keep Tatiana from getting there. ;D

I would also encourage you to check dialidol if you don't think Danny has already one of the biggest fanbases this season. Basically 2 of them are a shoe-in to make the top 12 from the beginning, Danny & Adam. They could easily be the top 2 with their fanbases alone assuming they don't totally mess up every week.

I will say right now I believe Danny and Adam will be in the top 5 for certain and top 3 more than likely. And I would say so far that if Alexis keeps up what she did just yesterday night she could easily make top 5 and maybe just have a small shot at winning the whole thing.
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Review of Top 36 (set 1) Empty Re: Review of Top 36 (set 1)

Post by concertcris 2/21/2009, 10:35 am

Hey gee, good to see you posting. I keep forgetting to come on this site mainly because I do re-caps on other sites.

My take on the first 12 was this.

The girls do not interest me at all. I do however agree that Alexis Grace was the best of the bunch although at times I felt some of her notes bordered on shrieking. The judges were overly supportive I think with her but glad she made it through. I was definitely hoping that Tatiana would not make it as I can not stand this girl. I think her "drama queen" moments did her in although she does have alot of fans on the American Idol site.

As for the guys I am a big fan of Danny already as are many others so I figured he would be a shoe-in for sure although I was tense with the way they handled the elimination on Wednesday. Like I said Tatiana does have alot of support and yes they are pimping Danny alot which may start turning people off. Hopefully they stop this sad story business and start concentrating on the actual talent of the singers.

I thought for sure Anoop would make it in the third spot but frankly I do like Michael Sarver better. When he sings other types of songs he sounds better than when he does the "pop" music. Over the seasons I honestly do not think anyone has ever sang the song "I Don't Wanna Be" better than the original and that includes Bo Bice who came close. I re-listened to my tape of Ricky Braddy and honestly this guy can really sing so I am kind of sorry he does not have a chance at the wildcard. Remember how Elliott was really a good singer but showed no real personality in the beginning well I think stage presence can be learned if Ricky was given half a chance.

Now for next week it will be a tough one I think. I am almost certain Jasmine Murray will be the forerunner of the girls depending of course again on song choice. As for the guys I like all of them alot. Adam Lambert might take one of the spots mainly because he is so cute and the girls will be ga-ga over him. Of course the plus is he can really sing. As for the other spot if it is a guy it is tougher. I was impressed with Matt Giraud during his solo of the Hollywood rounds. I've liked Matt Breitzke all along. Nick Mitchell can sing if he would stop the comedy angle. Kris Allen has not been heard from much so that might kill his chances. I can not remember who the other guy is.

Overall though I am hoping they all pick better songs. By the way, remember how I was not that crazy about Brooke last season. Well I think this new duet she does with Michael Johns is awesome and I hope to get this single "Life Is Okay". Just love it!

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by geewindu 2/21/2009, 7:03 pm

I thought Anoop was gonna make it too, but was hoping for Jackie as I've seen her do better but she kinda blew it with bad vocals.

I also think Ricky Braddy had a good voice but he just picked the wrong song for the slot he was given, had he been last it might've been enough to carry him through but he was second.

As for next week I'm pretty sure Matt Giraud and Adam Lambert will get through. A lot of people seem to like Megan I think that's her name, but we will see, as of now I wouldn't be surprised if only 3 girls made the top 12, and then that would bring up the possibility of only having one girl on tour which i doubt would happen. I hope we find a couple other good ones but my fave as of now as i've said is Alexis. I actually bought her song on itunes haha. Smile

Yaaay for liking Life is okay! I think that song is so awesome, I wasn't sure how their voices would sound together but I believe that song in itself is a hit, there's even a small possibility I heard of it being released as an ep. Which I think would be awesome.

But you can get it on itunes, MJ released the soundtrack for Don't Look Down - The Height Of The Competition in which Life Is Okay, is included on it. I'm definitely gonna buy it I just got an itunes account so i'm thinking whether to just get the song or the whole cd. I'm liking MJ more and more when I'm hearing him. I think the Carly/MJ performance on results day was possibly better than any songs the first day, but I'm liking Alexis song more and more now that I have it to listen to it over haha.
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down