Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dirty Diana

2 posters

Go down

Dirty Diana Empty Dirty Diana

Post by concertcris 3/12/2009, 10:42 am

Razz Alexis shows she is still keeping her "down and dirty" attitude as she performed "Dirty Diana" off the 1988 Bad album by Michael Jackson. I thought she did well with the singing except she did over-sing some of the verses. She is one cute girl and I think she will be a popular choice and as many saw she was safe this week.

I also applaud her helping Scott Macintyre navigate around the stage during the group sing this week which was a medley of Jackson 5 songs.

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Dirty Diana Empty Re: Dirty Diana

Post by geewindu 3/25/2009, 5:26 am

I really like her performance of Dirty Diana and I Never Loved A Man. I also like the studio version of Jolene and DD. Man she can sing. I would also like to say the judges/producers or whoever came up wit the idea of the save sucks! Too many changes this year and this one only hurt the girls. Notice the save was made to hopefully prevent a Daughtry/MJ like exit. (Though Daughtry couldn't be saved anyways because he came in 4th) And well this means Brooke would've probably been out the next week as she was in the bottom 2 I believe.

But anywho this season you know who the obvious judges favorites are. Danny Gokey and Adam Lambert. They've been pimping them two from the beginning. And while I kind of like Danny I can't stand the pimping. And well since they are the judges favorites guess who the judges are waiting to save? And guess who knows this. Yep most all Danny's and Adam's fans know this and therfore can easily vote for their other favorites or those that are the least competition to their faves. This way by giving their fans two votes practically not to mention that statistics show that most of the American Idol viewers at home who watch the show and vote are female. And most all Danny's and Adam's fans are female. And who do they tend to vote for more often than not? Males.
I just think especially this year because of the save it's giving the females such a Huge disadvantage. Not to say that the males are bad as a few are quite good. But we got down to the best 4 females and 2 of them were in the bottom 2 and according to dialidol another one close by.
So I would like to say Idol you are turning away viewers by doing this especially a lot of the male audience.
The judges could've fixed this by saving Alexis and letting her go on tour but no they didn't.
Alexis I thought put on an amazing final performance considering the circumstances of being put on the spot and already told that she was the bottom singer and had to sing a song that the judges complained was a bad song choice in the first place.
I personally loved the results show performance much better because of the emotion she evoked into the song. I was thinking man they have to save her now even if her vocals weren't perfect for obvious reasons.

But No. Was it necessarily the best timing in the show for entertainment purposes probably not, but you don't just not save one of the heavy contenders because you'd rather wait a little to save freaky adam boy (sorry for the name calling here but He completely RUINED one of the great country classics) or somebody else that is a plant to get far.

So now I must say, Idol while you have gotten away with stuff like this in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if you turn away many viewers after the stunts you pulled.

I one will watch to see what happens and to support Megan and Matt but if they go I soon I am serious in the fact that I may stop watching Idol. To me most these contestants aren't as good as last years but I watch 'cause I'm addicted lol.

I have 3 I would replace I'd stick Alexis, Matt, and Megan in last season in place of Ramiele, Chikezie, and Syesha and then you'd have the perfect set.

I hate how this season seems to be more of Idol politics than anything else.

Okay sorry about the rant I was gonna wait but it looks like it just came out haha sorry. Embarassed Very Happy
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by concertcris 4/5/2009, 9:15 pm

I am thinking you are right in who the judges will save. I personally wished they had saved Alexis so she could have went on tour. I can not stand Megan who finally was voted off. Sorry gee but I just do not care for her. I am hoping that if Matt should end up as being voted off they might save him. I like his voice alot. I do have to say though that Adam and Danny are awesome in my book and I am hoping they are the final two. Kris is growing on me especially since he did so well with "Ain't No Sunshine".

I totally agree about the save card, I do not like it one bit!

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down