Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bo Split with RCA

2 posters

Go down

Bo Split with RCA Empty Bo Split with RCA

Post by Angie 1/13/2008, 1:11 pm

Rock Dirt.com

Clive Davis drops 36 percent of former 'American Idol' contestants from Sony's BMG roster over the past year, including season two winner Ruben Studdard, season five champ Taylor Hicks, as well as first runners up Diana DeGarmo, Bo Bice, and Katharine McPhee. CNN's Denise Quan spoke with Bice about the situation, as well as season four winner Carrie Underwood - who survived the cuts, and Billboard's Geoff Mayfied.

"It's not really let go as much as contracts are up," Bice said of his departure. "You either decide to renew a contract or you don't." Bice was given a gold record for his first CD by RCA Records right after they let him go. "Two weeks after, three weeks after we parted ways with RCA, I was up her in New York getting a gold album from them for 'The Real Thing'," Bice explained. Now, Bice has released his second album independently through Wal-Mart. "A lot of this stuff has to be bankrolled by my pockets," he said, "and I don't have deep pockets." Watch the segment at CNN.com.

Posted on Saturday, January 12 2008 @ 01:34:14 CST by MusicMan
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Bo Split with RCA Empty Re: Bo Split with RCA

Post by concertcris 1/15/2008, 8:44 pm

Bo Split with RCA 87757 I simply adore Bo. I flew to Las Vegas to specifically see Bo on that season's tour but sadly that is when his medical problems surfaced and I missed seeing him. I will say though I was so impressed with the other 9 on that show especially Nikko Smith, Scott Savol, Jessica Sierra and Anwar Robinson. Their performances were awesome. Nadia and Vonzell are georgeous in person as is Carrie. Constantine is also quite handsome but it was Anthony Federov who could have just stood there and I would be quite happy. Wow! He is so cute!

cheers Bo's newest cd "See The Light" is terrific and so much better than his first release from RCA. I also have been fortunate to get all of his performances on the show plus lots of other songs from his church. I am glad he did get a gold record for his efforts on the first cd.

Smile Thanks for posting this and no worries this fan will continue to be in Bo's corner!

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie 1/18/2008, 1:22 pm

I still need to get his newest CD. I keep forgetting. I heard it is great and I'm looking forward to listening to it.

Too bad you missed seeing him on the AI tour. I'm glad to hear how good the others did as I didn't go to that show that year. I actually haven't seen any of the people from Season 4 live. I would love to see Bo and Carrie.
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down