Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hudson's Album Scrapped & Sent Back To Square One

2 posters

Go down

Hudson's Album Scrapped & Sent Back To Square One Empty Hudson's Album Scrapped & Sent Back To Square One

Post by Angie 1/24/2008, 10:51 am

From mog.com

With the monster success of Dreamgirls at the end of 2006, and Jennifer Hudson's Oscar/Emmy wins in early 2007, the remainder of the year was supposed to be all hers. The ex-American Idol standout was supposed to release her debut album months ago but it turns out the album had been scrapped at the request of Clive Davis.
Word is the album was delayed because the label folks didn't think the material would sell in today's market. Ryan Tedder of One Republic wrote a few songs for Hudson, and shared his knowledge about the hold up.

"“They made half an album and ended up scrapping it. Clive — wisely, I think — said, ‘No one’s going to buy this. We’re trying to turn her into Aretha Franklin, and that’s not realistic,’ ” Tedder said. “They scrapped a bunch of songs and started fresh. I heard a Timbaland song that was by far the best song she’s done. I do wish, and I know the label wishes, that this album had come out six months ago. But Clive’s smart. He didn’t want to just put out a crap album just because of the momentum."
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Hudson's Album Scrapped & Sent Back To Square One Empty Re: Hudson's Album Scrapped & Sent Back To Square One

Post by concertcris 3/3/2008, 9:56 am

Sad Obviously Clive is not that smart because look at all the wasted money on what they did do. As for Jennifer I like her voice well enough but in all honesty I am not sure I would be all that interested in buying her cd. Really depends on the songs.

As for trying to turn her into the next Aretha Franklin, I agree that is not realistic as lets face it there is only one Aretha. Besides Mary J Bligh comes closer to that I think.

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down