Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fans flock to to see Clay in 'Spamalot'

2 posters

Go down

Fans flock to to see Clay in 'Spamalot' Empty Fans flock to to see Clay in 'Spamalot'

Post by Angie 1/24/2008, 11:00 am

By JOE DZIEMIANOWICZ
Wednesday, January 23rd 2008, 4:00 AM

Giants fans weren't the only ones willing to freeze their butts off to cheer for their idols.

On Sunday night, when the temperature was a bone-rattling 19 degrees, Clay Aiken aficionados clamored outside the Shubert Theatre to get up close and personal with the new star of "Monty Python's Spamalot."

Alyssa Benedetto, 19, a student at the University of Delaware who lives on Long Island, was among an estimated crowd of 100 people.

Benedetto had seen the Sunday matinee of "Spamalot," but missed seeing Aiken afterward and was determined to get her picture snapped alongside the pop singer. She arrived at the stage door 20 minutes before the final curtain Sunday night. "I thought Clay was great," she said between shivers. "His English accent was really good."

Rachel Plummer and Erika Brown, graduate students in their mid-20s, agreed with her. The two friends had flown in from Detroit and Chicago to see Aiken play Sir Robin in the musical spoof. The airline tickets cost them about $150 apiece, but both said the experience was worth every penny. "I don't know why," Brown said, "I just love Clay."

Read the full article at nydailynews.com
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Fans flock to to see Clay in 'Spamalot' Empty Re: Fans flock to to see Clay in 'Spamalot'

Post by concertcris 2/9/2008, 11:50 pm

Very Happy Glad to hear that Clay is a hit with this new show. He has always been one of my favorite idols and happy to say I own all of his music. I also saw him in concert a few times over the years. Boy, that guy can sing anything and do it well.

Thanks for posting the article.

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Fans flock to to see Clay in 'Spamalot' Empty Re: Fans flock to to see Clay in 'Spamalot'

Post by Angie 2/10/2008, 11:36 am

I did not watch Season 2, my first season was Season 3, but I have some of his music and enjoy listening to him. He has a great voice and seems like such a great guy!

I would love to see him in concert.
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down