Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Omaha Review from Palm Beach Post

Go down

Omaha Review from Palm Beach Post Empty Omaha Review from Palm Beach Post

Post by Angie 1/30/2008, 8:54 pm

From palmbeachpost.com

AI Omaha: Impressive Guys, Odd Ladies, Funny Seacrest

And since I don't usually find Ryan Seacrest that amusing, you know that Omaha was one weird audition city. The joke auditions went on too long, the supposedly impressive singers weren't quite as impressive as they were supposed to be, and Seacrest switched places with Paula...and sort of knew what he was talking about!

"How do I...be overpaid for doing no work?" Ryan joked as he settled into Paula's chair. One could argue that he's perfected that in his hosting duties, but I was enjoying the guy for the first time in years, so I was willing to leave him alone. This once.

All in all, I was much more into the men than the women, which is rare - My heart stopped for Jason, who couldn't remember the words to "When You Say Nothing At All." He has an amazing voice, and he knew he was blowing it - I was yelling the lyrics at the screen, as if he could hear me. He got himself together, and got invited to Hollywood. Now that's some honest human drama that had nothing to do with dressing like a chicken.

I also loved Leo, who channeled my beloved Elliott Yamin with "A Song For You." I wasn't so keen on the girls, who, like some of the ladies in the other cities, all look like Carrie Underwood. Only 19 people got through to Hollywood, which actually excites me because maybe that means they're being more stringent about who's getting on the show. Because as much fun as his hair was, I really, really can not take another Sanjaya.

Up tomorrow...Miami! Let's see if any of our local folks make the cut, and let's see if Simon got annoyed with Lobster Girl and the dude dressed like a pimp!
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Omaha Review from Palm Beach Post Empty Re: Omaha Review from Palm Beach Post

Post by Guest 1/31/2008, 2:43 am

There is one thing about the Omaha Auditions that I don't think has happened this season. It was the 1 city so far that hasn't had a contestant cuss because they didn't make it. Not 1 person that was on camera got bleeped out. our Local FOX Station got comment on that in an email. Some people said there was a bit too much corn LOL The Mayor even said it I love how they had American Idol plowed in to that field.

I really liked Leo too & Jason despite he forgot the words That would suck big time. Randy Paula & Simon r like don't be nervous HELLLLLO do you know who you freekign are????????????? Randy Jackson Played Bass for Journey one of the biggest bands to come out of the late 70's early 80's . & Paula She was one of the biggest selling singers in the 90's.To sing for them Id be as nervous as a long tailed cat in a rocking chair Factory LOL.

I thought that Chris Bernheisel was adorable even though he didn't make it hes getting to do the red carpet at the finale YES IT'S TRUE I live e close enough to Omaha I get FOX 42.i think this Fri TV Guide is flying him out to LA so he can shoot a Idol Wrap with Justin from season 1. So this kid just might go places we'll see.

All in all it was a good show at least the costumes where at a bare minimum

Back to top Go down