Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift and Others Are Ready for the Grammys

Go down

Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift and Others Are Ready for the Grammys Empty Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift and Others Are Ready for the Grammys

Post by Angie 2/9/2008, 1:18 pm

Carrie Underwood will be looking at Sunday night's (Feb. 10) Grammy Awards show in Los Angeles as an awards show veteran who's ready to pass the best new artist torch to another country singer.

"I'm very excited once again to be nominated," Underwood said recently. "The Grammys are extremely well recognized in all genres of music all around the world, so it's really amazing to be in the company that I'm in.

"It's really cool also to see Taylor Swift being nominated in the best new artist category. It's kind of like, 'Wow, that was me last year. I'm not a newbie anymore.' It's cool to go back kind of more seasoned, I guess."

In addition to the best new artist Grammy -- which includes nominees from all styles of music -- Underwood also won the best female country vocal performance award last year for her recording of "Jesus, Take the Wheel."

Swift, who won the Horizon Award at the 2007 CMA Awards, says she has no expectations of following in Underwood's footsteps in winning the best new artist honor at the Grammys.

Read the rest of this article at CMT.com
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift and Others Are Ready for the Grammys Empty Re: Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift and Others Are Ready for the Grammys

Post by Angie 2/9/2008, 1:18 pm

On a side note...I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor Swift won best new artist. She's adorable and can sing so well!
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down