Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Idol" farewell song a beginning for young songwriter

Go down

"Idol" farewell song a beginning for young songwriter Empty "Idol" farewell song a beginning for young songwriter

Post by Angie 2/9/2008, 1:25 pm

By Ann Donahue

LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - Fox's "American Idol" is about to move from the cross-country audition rounds toward the meat of the show -- the Hollywood elimination episodes that whittle down the contestants to the top 24. But one up-and-comer won't have to worry about getting an awkward consolation hug from Paula Abdul.

Capitol Records artist Ferras, a 25-year-old singer/songwriter/pianist, provides the "farewell song" that plays as the "Idol" contestants are dismissed from the Hollywood tryouts. It makes its first appearance on the show February 12.

The song, "Hollywood's Not America," is from Ferras' new album, "Aliens & Rainbows," scheduled for release April 1. It's a hooky Elton John-esque ballad that shows off Ferras' impressive vocal range, and was co-written with the Matrix's Lauren Christy.

"I was sitting down writing one night with Lauren, drinking wine and talking about Hollywood -- how people come here to achieve dreams, and you realize at one point that it's never going to be enough," Ferras says. "When you get to that point, you realize, 'I love myself, I love who I am, I don't need all these things.' I don't want to be preachy in the song -- it's just an observation. People ask me, 'Do you even like L.A.?' And yes, I love it."

For the past eight years, Ferras found himself in the agonizingly familiar pattern of almost-maybe-not-quite-getting-a-break. He eventually found an ally in Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst, who introduced him to Capitol Music Group chairman/CEO Jason Flom.

Read the full article at Reuters. (it's like really long Wink )
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

"Idol" farewell song a beginning for young songwriter Empty Re: "Idol" farewell song a beginning for young songwriter

Post by Angie 2/9/2008, 1:28 pm

Ok...so you know me. I had to find Ferras myspace page and check out the song. Unfortunately as I expected it's just a short clip of the song. Sounds good from what I heard so far. His other songs are okay as well. Looks like he now has his career launched.

Ferras MySpace Go check it out!

ETA: He's a hottie too! IMO anyway Laughing
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

"Idol" farewell song a beginning for young songwriter Empty Re: "Idol" farewell song a beginning for young songwriter

Post by Angie 2/9/2008, 1:31 pm

Here's a sneak peak of the behind the scenes action on the video set for Ferras' "Hollywood's Not America" video.
Be sure to check out the World Premiere of the video on www.americanidol.com on 2.19.08!

I think I like him now Very Happy Yes...I'm a total dork!

Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down