Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daughtry May Not Get Grammy Exposure

2 posters

Go down

Daughtry May Not Get Grammy Exposure Empty Daughtry May Not Get Grammy Exposure

Post by Angie 2/9/2008, 3:26 pm

Showbuzz.cbsnews.com

Daughtry has four Grammy nominations, but viewers may not see the band on Sunday's broadcast, even if they win each award.

"We don't even know if they are going to air our nominations yet," Chris Daughtry told The Associated Press on Thursday as they rehearsed for Clive Davis' annual pre-Grammy blowout concert Saturday night.

"I've heard that we may not be shown, because it's the 50th anniversary and they are going to have a lot of back-to-back performances, so you may not even see us on TV," the 28-year-old singer said.

Although the Grammys award 110 trophies, only about 10 percent of the categories are shown on the live CBS telecast; most of the show is jam-packed with performances.

"You may see us on the red carpet and peace out, because we probably already took home all four," he joked.

Daughtry, the namesake of the "American Idol" finalist, had one of last year's best-selling albums with their self-titled debut, which is among the nominees for best rock album. But they face competition from rock veterans ranging from U2 to Bruce Springsteen to the Foo Fighters in their categories.

When asked about their stiffest competition, Daughtry said: "It's the Foo Fighters and the Boss. You can't deny that everybody who's ever up against him loses."
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Daughtry May Not Get Grammy Exposure Empty Re: Daughtry May Not Get Grammy Exposure

Post by concertcris 2/11/2008, 11:00 am

Laughing Looks like Chris was right as he did not even win one award. This is probably kind of mean but I am glad he took no awards home.

Although I missed some of the show I was quite impressed with the appearances of Tina Turner, Little Richard, Josh Groban, Andrea Bocelli and John Fogerty. Congrats go to Carrie once again. Boy this girl is definitely golden.

Sad Wish Mandisa had won. Also could not believe that Amy Winehouse was such a big winner as I consider her to be a little off the deep end and her song "Rehab" was not that great.

Oh well, time to move on.

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Daughtry May Not Get Grammy Exposure Empty Re: Daughtry May Not Get Grammy Exposure

Post by Angie 2/12/2008, 10:08 am

After I saw who Chris was up against I figured he wouldn't win. Is that mean? I don't think so, but it's not his year yet. His time will come.

I didn't even see most of the awards being given. Every time I got up to do something else I'm guessing is when they gave the awards away Laughing At one point I thought I was watching a music concert LMAO

Now...I do have to say I love Amy Winehouse. I Like the song Rehab. It's catchy. It was the first time I'd ever seen her perform though and I thought her a little odd so I went to check out other videos to see if that is how she always acted. It is. I'm guessing though she was sober this time. She seemed in shock or out of it or something when they announced her the winner. I thought it a little odd. Oh well. I hope she is getting all the help she needs to straighten her life out too.

OKAY...back on topic Very Happy
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by concertcris 2/12/2008, 10:33 pm

Laughing I could care less if he ever gets a Grammy. As far as Amy Winehouse goes, I thought her song "ReHab" was also catchy but to win as many awards as she did was insane to me considering who she was up against. I do think she should have won for Best New Artist but other than that no way.

Sad One thing that did make me mad was on the Grammy site. They had pictures of the best and worst dressed so I was looking at them. One of the pictures showed Ace Young. The commentator on this picture had a comment on there that was not very flattering to Ace and like he was a nobody. Because this person asked why Ace was even there, period. Guess this fool did not know that Ace co-wrote one of the songs on Daughtry's album. I just found this to be a real insult. Even more so since this particular song was up for the Songwriter Award.

While I did enjoy the talent that was displayed I have to say these awards shows really bug me most of the time as it seems like the same people are nominated in every category. Glad it is over!

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie 2/13/2008, 2:39 pm

I enjoy the music portion the most and then not all of it. I missed most of the actual award announcing.

That is rude about what that guy said about Ace. Sad Sounds as though they should do their homework before reporting. He was up for an award.

I guess I missed out on how many awards and what they were given for that Amy Winehouse got.

You know what would be nice? An awards show recognizing Indie artists. Now that would be worth watching because, let me know if I'm wrong, I don't think they are even recognized in the world of music on the grammys or other awards shows.
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down