Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staying logged in problem.

3 posters

Go down

Staying logged in problem. Empty Staying logged in problem.

Post by geewindu 3/1/2008, 4:27 am

When I log in if I don't click on keep me logged in then it'll just log me out in the middle for what seems like no reason. Could we maybe at the log in screen have a choice for how long we want to stay in? Just a thought. If not is there maybe another way to do this? Here's a link to the srq soul patrol. They have it like that there.
http://srqsoulpatrol.proboards104.com/
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Staying logged in problem. Empty Re: Staying logged in problem.

Post by Angie 3/1/2008, 11:44 am

Hey gee! We've had this problem at another board I run. Unfortunately there is no option with this forum company to pick how long we want to stay logged in. And...there are no setting we can change. The boards have a preset time of inactivity supposedly that automatically logs you out. Some people at my other board have had the probelm where they will be writing a long post and then it logs them out in the middle. It's a pain in the butt and unfortunately there is no way to fix that at this time. There are suggestions in to the people who create these forums to add something like that but not sure when and if it will happen.

I don't have that problem as It always keeps me logged in.

If anything changes with this problem I"ll be sure to keep you updated because I know how annoying it can be.
Sorry there isn't anything I can do right now Sad
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by geewindu 3/1/2008, 2:36 pm

That's okay I copy my stuff before I post in case it logs me out. A lot of times I'll leave the page up while working on other things and then post whenever I get the chance. I'll just click the keep me logged in box.
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamhrt 3/8/2008, 11:33 pm

The "other" forum she is refering to is mine lol The Real Deal. I looked in the help dorum there. The only advise they give is to clear your cashe.. aka cookies. If you need help on how to do this let me know Smile
dreamhrt
dreamhrt
Super Mod
Super Mod

Number of posts : 50
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks
Registration date : 2008-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by geewindu 3/9/2008, 3:23 am

Thanks, for the advice! I'll clear my cookies and see if that works. I usually do that every couple weeks anyway. Smile
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum