Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MTV Won't Be Playing Abdul's Video

4 posters

Go down

MTV Won't Be Playing Abdul's Video Empty MTV Won't Be Playing Abdul's Video

Post by Angie 3/3/2008, 10:54 am

Paula Abdul wasn't off base when she revealed to those close to her that she was disappointed with the music video for "Dance Like There's No Tomorrow."

Despite the fact that fellow "American Idol" judge Randy Jackson pitched in to make the video a touch splashier, Abdul's mostly recycled dance moves are less than inspiring, and it's forced MTV to make a decision about airing the video - or not.

"There are currently no plans to play the video," an MTV spokesperson told OK! magazine. Another music industry insider tells the magazine that not only is MTV not planning to air the video, but no one has even submitted the video to be consideration in the network's play rotation.

"It makes sense that it wasn't even submitted," a source told me. "The only thing worse for a star like Paula to not have her video on TV is to have it actually rejected by MTV. You can't be rejected if you never formally campaign for it."

From nbc11.com
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

MTV Won't Be Playing Abdul's Video Empty Re: MTV Won't Be Playing Abdul's Video

Post by concertcris 3/3/2008, 8:37 pm

MTV Won't Be Playing Abdul's Video 510257 This is not great news in my opinion. MTV has so much trash on their station that I stopped watching it a long time again so for me this is unreal that they would not play this video. I personally liked the video and thought Paula looked great in it. Needless to say, they might have problems selling this cd unless other videos are shown from the actual music of the cd. Personally though I am going buy it because I like that song and also the one with Elliott.

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamhrt 3/9/2008, 1:30 am

Im with you. I used to watch MTV when it first aired. Now I really can't relaste to it anymore. Personally I enjoy paulas new video and I give her props for even trying
dreamhrt
dreamhrt
Super Mod
Super Mod

Number of posts : 50
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks
Registration date : 2008-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie 3/10/2008, 11:35 am

I actually like Paula's video too. Couldn't believe how great she still is. I hope she gets airplay elsewhere as I think this song should be a big hit.

MTV used to be the channel to watch for music videos....now you have to check the TV Guide to see when they are going to actually play videos! MTV = music television. Where's all the music?
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by geewindu 3/10/2008, 12:43 pm

Angie wrote:I actually like Paula's video too. Couldn't believe how great she still is. I hope she gets airplay elsewhere as I think this song should be a big hit.

MTV used to be the channel to watch for music videos....now you have to check the TV Guide to see when they are going to actually play videos! MTV = music television. Where's all the music?
I've never watched MTV. I'm sticking with either CMT or GAC which at least one has music videos playing (though usually both). That and they're country which is my favorite style. Smile
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie 3/10/2008, 3:39 pm

Country has become my favorite. I watch CMT a lot now. I love watching the countdowns cause all the good songs are on there. I never have watched GAC and don't even know what channel that is. Now i'm going to have to go investigate Very Happy
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by geewindu 3/11/2008, 3:07 am

It stands for Great American Country. I didn't have it when I had cable or directv but now that I have dish I have it so I turn them both on occaisionally.
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by concertcris 3/11/2008, 10:12 am

Laughing Guess the joke is on MTV as last week Ryan said that Paula's song is the number one download on ITunes. Just goes to show you that MTV is no longer that important.

I remember when they first started in the 80's and it was so great watching the new item they called "Music Video". We were so excited then. Now it seems to be just a reality channel with so many stupid shows on it.

I am not big into country but do catch "Gone Country" when I can. Speaking of which I noticed today on the AI boards that Kellie Pickler is nominated for 3 CMT awards. Congrats to her.

Besides AI, the dance shows and repeats of "Law & Order" on TNT, the only real tv I watch now is "Jericho" (love that show) and I also listen to my just music channels that come with my cable. It is so great hearing the music of the oldies, easy listening, the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's etc. Plus they give you different information about the artists that are being played.

Anyway, glad to know that Paula is getting some success from her song! MTV Won't Be Playing Abdul's Video 291351

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie 3/13/2008, 8:41 pm

geewindu wrote:It stands for Great American Country. I didn't have it when I had cable or directv but now that I have dish I have it so I turn them both on occaisionally.

I probably don't have it then. Unless it's on the digital channels.
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down