Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chikezie, Brooke White lead top 12 on "American Idol"

4 posters

Go down

Chikezie, Brooke White lead top 12 on "American Idol" Empty Chikezie, Brooke White lead top 12 on "American Idol"

Post by geewindu 3/15/2008, 1:17 pm

Chikezie, Brooke White lead top 12 on "American Idol"

Before we discuss the singing, let's talk about the night's biggest drawback. "American Idol" is a family show. Why must Fox subject us to those rancid commercials for the despicable "Moment of Truth"? Young viewers should not be forced to witness those adults behaving badly ... for money. What kind of message does that show send?

As for Tuesday's "Idol," Chikezie made it look easy as the show turned to the John Lennon-Paul McCartney songbook. Chikezie was the revelation. He was a little bit country, then a whole lot of rock and roll on "She's a Woman." He was determined to knock everyone socks off, and he succeeded.

The other standout was Brooke White, who played the piano on a lovely, heartfelt version of "Let It Be." She carried herself like a star.

Here's the link to the rest of the story:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/03/chikezie-brooke.html
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Chikezie, Brooke White lead top 12 on "American Idol" Empty Re: Chikezie, Brooke White lead top 12 on "American Idol"

Post by concertcris 3/15/2008, 11:39 pm

Smile I can honestly say that Chikezie was definitely the best on last week's show. Quite amazing and I hope he continues to knock our socks off. As for Brooke, I know many people like her but frankly I find her boring as boring can get. She can sing but to me all of her performances seem like the same thing over and over just with different instruments and songs. I really hope she does not win the title.

Sorry if I have stepped on any toes here but each of us do have our own opinions. Although my favorites are gone I think the ones who would be most interesting as the American Idol winner would be David Cook or Carly Smithson. Both have been consistently good I think even though I would not vote for either. I am done voting for a winner but may throw some votes Chikezie's way because I think he should be part of the top 10 who get to go on tour. Of course I have no intention of seeing the tour because none of them excite me enough to want to see it.

Anyhow, thanks for the article.

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Chikezie, Brooke White lead top 12 on "American Idol" Empty Re: Chikezie, Brooke White lead top 12 on "American Idol"

Post by geewindu 3/16/2008, 12:52 am

You're welcome. And you have the right to say your opinion.
I however absolutely think Brooke is the best thing to come along on idol since Taylor as all her performances are sung with absolute conviction. I would love for her to win the whole thing. I saw a performance that she did before Idol and she was dancing around and putting on quite a good show. So maybe there's hope you will like her in the future. Smile JMHO
I don't know why but Carly reminds me of Kat McPhee who IMO was very boring and her vocal skills aren't that good and yet the judges praise her. Seems the same way with Carly to me. Again JMHO.
I also think Chikeze should make the tour, same thing with Kristy. They both bring something the other contestants don't have and therefore I think would make a better show. IMO Syesha should go because then you would have a nice and very unique (in a good way) Top 12. There are only two contestants I don't think have much originality this year, Syesha & Archuleta. But I think Archuleta could mess up on his words again next week and still not be in the bottom 3. That's how big his fanbase is.
BTW concertchris I like reading your posts. Especially since they vary so much from my own. That makes it interesting. Smile
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by concertcris 3/16/2008, 9:40 am

Chikezie, Brooke White lead top 12 on "American Idol" 49837 Well you know what they say "variety makes the world go round". I think discussing even though we may not always agree is interesting also. I actually enjoy reading others ideas and thoughts. I will agree about Syesha. She is a good singer but just not that unique. I remember last season how Lakisha Jones and Melinda Doolittle just had that extra something special. Simply adored both of those girls talent and definitely would buy their music.

As for David Archuleta I think he is a wonderful singer but have my doubts that he could handle this whole celebrity thing because he just seems so young and un-experienced. However it is true his fan base is enormous. He could probably win this I think.

Even though I will not be voting or seeing the tour I can not stop watching the show because I am so addicted. Chikezie, Brooke White lead top 12 on "American Idol" 991927

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie 3/16/2008, 10:55 am

You're not the only one who is addicted to this show!

I absolutely love Brooke. I agree with gee about what he says about her.

I do like that we have different opinions and also that we can discuss them like adults unlike some other forums where they just get so defensive. It's always interesting to me what other people think even though we don't always agree. I like to see what others have to say about the show, and sometimes it seems that we were watching a different show Laughing

I personally think this is a great season and at this point I think it's anyone's title to win. If Chikezie keeps doing what he did last week...watch out. I was in awe and did not expect that from him at all.
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by killerqueen 3/16/2008, 12:06 pm

I like Brooke. She is a performer. I also loved Chikezie. I thought is was the best tribute while at the same time, he made it his own. Go Chiky!!! That's what my 2 year old calls him.
Love,
Michelle

killerqueen

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by geewindu 3/16/2008, 9:10 pm

YAY another brooke fan! Chikezie, Brooke White lead top 12 on "American Idol" 675120 Chiky(I like that!) I also liked last week. Will he continue being great? I'm thinking not but hopefully he'll surprise me as I want to like him after this week. Very Happy

I am also addicted to the show. I was since the first season that I watched(Carrie's). I had no other choice but had to leave during the guys night and my family knew I liked Anwar so much that they found an old talk-boy and tried to record Anwar singing Moon River so I could here it, since they knew I liked him a lot. Well it was staticky but it was the though that counted. Very Happy Now to think about it I don't think I've heard the clear version of it. I guess I'll have to check YouTube. Very Happy
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down