Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanjaya Talks about upcoming album

Go down

Sanjaya Talks about upcoming album Empty Sanjaya Talks about upcoming album

Post by Angie 1/9/2008, 10:52 am

imtsinghua.com.cn

Despite his detractors, Sanjaya Malakar is still determined to pursue his music career. After participating in the American Idols Live! Tour 2007, a summer concert tour which ended yesterday, the 18-year-old former American Idol finalist will now take on his first album.

Malakar, who gained national attention on American Idol season 6 by advancing to the 7th place with public votes despite many criticisms, is eager to chase his musical passion and tap on other opportunities that come along his way.

“I’m definitely going to focus on music because that’s my passion. So I’m going to do that and definitely focus on that. But I’m interested in other things, like acting and modeling. So basically I’m just going to see where the road takes me and ride the wave. I’m excited about it,” Malakar told TV Guide.

At present, the former Idol contestant hasn’t landed on anything concrete yet but says that he has already been approached with a couple of ideas and various project offers. On the other hand, he is very much certain about his upcoming debut album which is now his main focus.

“I’m really excited about my album. I’m going to start working on it as soon as I move out to L.A. I’m going to start meeting with writers… I don’t necessarily know how to describe it, when I do, it sounds like I don’t know what I’m talking about. But I have a really, really, really good idea. Basically, it’s just going to be me. It’s going to be my personality in the form of music,” he revealed to TV Guide.

“See, it’s going to be an R&B-rooted vocal style, but I want to integrate jazz emotion and rock energy and world beats, world sounds. So it sounds kind of schizophrenic, but I’d marry them in a comfortable way. I’m confident it will sound good,” he added.

-Kris De Leon, BuddyTV Staff Columnist
Source: TV Guide
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down