Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Idol judge, new attitude

Go down

New Idol judge, new attitude Empty New Idol judge, new attitude

Post by Angie 1/12/2009, 11:56 pm

By JOEY GUERRA Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle
Jan. 12, 2009, 3:52PM

Songwriter Kara DioGuardi says “there’s a little girl power going on” now that she’s taken up residence as the fourth judge on American Idol. Her addition makes it an even split — her and Paula Abdul matched up against Randy Jackson and Simon Cowell as the search for a superstar enters its eighth season.

And nevermind those rumors of jealousy. DioGuardi and Abdul are old pals. (Really.) They roomed together several years ago and co-wrote Spinning Around, a massive 2000 single for Australian icon Kylie Minogue.

The “feisty and opinionated” DioGuardi is now juggling Idol duties, photo shoots and new songwriting projects. But she took time to talk judging techniques, working with Cowell and why she hearts Kelly Clarkson:

Q: Convince us. What are you bringing to the show that wasn’t there in the past?

A: I think what’s really unique about me is that I’ve worked with a lot of these singers that are out there that are great, from Christina (Aguilera) to Pink to Celine Dion. I’ve been in the studio with them when they’ve actually recorded songs that we’ve co-written. And I’ve worked very closely with them in both listening to how they interpret the songs we’ve written and giving them guidance and support. I think that distinguishes me.

Q. Was there any tension in turning the original judging trio into a quartet?

A. In the beginning it was a little unnerving. I didn’t know where I was going to sit. I didn’t know when I was going to speak. I think I’m a combination of all (three judges). I do like to say it like I see it. I don’t really mince words, but I do feel I have a heart, and when you’re dealing with creative people that have some talent, you want to make sure that you encourage them. But also if they don’t have any talent, you want to discourage them because you don’t want them to waste their time.

Q. Which judge did you side with most?

A. There have been times that I’ve agreed and disagreed with all of them. But I definitely can sometimes see where Simon is coming from. I may not have said it quite the way he said it, but I also do believe in second chances early on, and I know that if I hadn’t had a second chance a lot of times I wouldn’t be where I am today.

Read the rest of the article at chron.com
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down