Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concert Review from Roanoke.com

2 posters

Go down

Concert Review from Roanoke.com Empty Concert Review from Roanoke.com

Post by Angie 2/17/2008, 9:48 pm

Concert review: Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood
In set that are more pop-rock than country, stars turn on huge crowd

Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood both fall under the country music banner. That’s where most of their sales come from, despite some crossover success. And their awards are in the country category.

But it’s not really country music they’re playing. Instead, it’s a crowd-pleasing blend of pop and rock, with traditional country instruments providing color.

Their crowd — a sold-out 8,426 at the Roanoke Civic Center — was there to rock with them. The audience had to wait about a half-hour after the announced starting time because of logistical difficulties. Urban’s huge setup had forced some on-the-fly audience shuffling, and many people were left standing.

Read the rest of the review here.
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Concert Review from Roanoke.com Empty Re: Concert Review from Roanoke.com

Post by concertcris 2/18/2008, 11:16 am

cheers I figured both of these artists would do pretty well in concert. One thing about Carrie is when I saw the American Idol tour that year, she did perform not only country but also some rock and sounded great doing both. She is indeed a wonderful singer. Keith Urban is good also but not actually my cup of tea.

Too bad so many were forced to stand. However usually when I go to a concert I find myself standing on my own just to rock out with whatever artist is playing.

Concert Review from Roanoke.com 809520 for the review!

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down