Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underwood carries success well

3 posters

Go down

Underwood carries success well Empty Underwood carries success well

Post by Angie 3/3/2008, 11:02 am

Try to imagine Carrie Underwood's hit song, "Before He Cheats," as a dance remix. Underwood couldn't. She wouldn't -- even though her producers liked the idea. "I had to beg and plead, and finally put my foot down and not do it," Underwood said during an interview in late January. That was before Feb. 10, when she performed a mildly remixed version on the Grammy Awards, then took home a couple of Grammys for the original cut. She won best female country vocal performance, and "Before He Cheats" won best country song.

Just another stop on the road to superstardom for Underwood, who will be at the Kansas Coliseum on Thursday, opening for Keith Urban.

She's the rare "American Idol" -- she won season four -- who has sustained success beyond the dreaded "sophomore jinx." Another former "Idol" winner, Kelly Clarkson, famously struggled with producer Clive Davis for more control over her songs, then released a CD that bombed. Underwood said she and her team from 19 Entertainment and Arista Nashville have not disagreed much.

"I honestly think I've been really lucky in that respect, in that I haven't had to fight too many battles," she said. "Everybody, thus far, has been on the same page."

Read the full article here.
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Underwood carries success well Empty Re: Underwood carries success well

Post by geewindu 3/4/2008, 3:10 am

I think that's good that she stood up for herself saying she wouldn't do that as a dance remix. I never cared too much for the song anyways. Go Carrie!!!
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by concertcris 3/4/2008, 10:44 am

Underwood carries success well 754998 I could not picture that song as a remix at all. Personally while I think Carrie is a gifted singer, the only two songs I have liked by her are "Before He Cheats" and "Jesus, Take The Wheel". I am not much of a country music fan so I really have not pursued getting any of the idol albums that are in the country field. Just do not care for the music that much.

However, when the show The Next Great American Band was on I really got into the country music with the two groups Sixwire and The Clark Brothers. Once they put out albums I am sure I will be getting them. In fact I plan on getting Sixwire's prior cd as soon as I can swing it.

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by geewindu 3/5/2008, 5:34 pm

I am a huge country music fan. I liked the Clark Brothers and Sixwire and also liked Denver and the Mile High Orchestra. But from the beginning I wanted The Clark Brothers to win. I can't wait for their cd.
Here's their myspace music page.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=30731682
Their music should start playing as soon as you get to the site.
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down