Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Former 'American Idol' Winner Carrie Underwood Invited To Join The Grand Ole Opry

Go down

Former 'American Idol' Winner Carrie Underwood Invited To Join The Grand Ole Opry Empty Former 'American Idol' Winner Carrie Underwood Invited To Join The Grand Ole Opry

Post by Guest 3/18/2008, 8:05 pm

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2008/03/16/former_american_idol_winner_carrie_under

Former 'American Idol' Winner Carrie Underwood Invited To Join The Grand Ole Opry C11

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Carrie Underwood will become the newest member of the Grand Ole Opry after she was invited Saturday to join the long-running country music show.

Randy Travis extended the invitation as Underwood finished ''I Told You So,'' a Travis song that Underwood recorded on her latest album.

Her official induction will be May 10.

The former ''American Idol'' winner sold 7 million copies of her debut album ''Some Hearts'' and shot to superstardom almost overnight with hits including ''Before He Cheats'' and ''Jesus, Take the Wheel.''

Her follow-up album, ''Carnival Ride,'' came out last fall and has produced two No. 1s: ''So Small'' and her current single ''All-American Girl.''

Underwood said backstage that the invitation was a complete surprise.

Former 'American Idol' Winner Carrie Underwood Invited To Join The Grand Ole Opry Image41

''I felt like I just won something amazing all over again,'' she said. ''The Opry has meant so much to me growing up, seeing people perform and wanting to do that.''

Underwood, 25, becomes the latest young hitmaker to become an Opry member in recent years, joining Brad Paisley, Josh Turner and Dierks Bentley.

The Opry, established in 1925, is the longest continuously running radio show in the country. Legends such as Hank Williams Sr. and Patsy Cline were once members of the cast, and contemporary stars including Alan Jackson and Martina McBride are part of today's show, which airs every Friday and Saturday night on WSM-AM.

Opry management says artists are invited to join based on their commitment to the show, as measured by the frequency of their guest appearances, and their overall contribution to country music

Back to top Go down

Former 'American Idol' Winner Carrie Underwood Invited To Join The Grand Ole Opry Empty Re: Former 'American Idol' Winner Carrie Underwood Invited To Join The Grand Ole Opry

Post by geewindu 3/19/2008, 5:52 am

While voting I watched a Grand Ole Opry show on GAC with Carrie Underwood, Little Big Town and Lady Antebella. Then after Carrie sang her version of Randy Travis's "I Told You So". The crowd erupted in cheers when she finished the song. Carrie thought they were for her and then Randy Travis comes out on stage from behind her totally surprising her. He then invited her to be a member of the Opry. Then Randy sang two songs and said that was the first time he's been to the Opry in years. I like them both so I thought that was pretty dang cool. Former 'American Idol' Winner Carrie Underwood Invited To Join The Grand Ole Opry 440214
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Former 'American Idol' Winner Carrie Underwood Invited To Join The Grand Ole Opry Empty Re: Former 'American Idol' Winner Carrie Underwood Invited To Join The Grand Ole Opry

Post by Guest 3/24/2008, 1:12 am

How cooooooool is that Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down