Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idol Chatter: Through Randy's Eyes

Go down

Idol Chatter: Through Randy's Eyes Empty Idol Chatter: Through Randy's Eyes

Post by Angie 1/9/2008, 11:03 am

readexpress.com

Express' Greg Barber examines a savvy bit of personal marketing ahead of this month's "American Idol" premiere.

RANDY JACKSON is no dope. You don't spend six years as a judge on one of the country's most dizzyingly popular television shows — plus several decades in the music biz — without knowing how to market yourself.

Case in point: just this afternoon, thanks to Randy's pals at the Robin Shepherd Group P.R. firm, a press release slipped into my inbox touting the Randy Jackson Eyewear™ collection.

Interesting, isn't it, that said message would arrive just a smidge more than a week before the Randster appears on the much-hyped two-night season premiere of "American Idol"?

Again, no dope. Dawg.

Sayeth the press release: "Recognized for his style and noticeable eyewear, music producer and popular reality TV judge, Randy Jackson is a credible source for stylish, masculine glasses."

Stylish glasses, okay. But thank God he's not hawking a clothing line. He's the Bjork of TV personalities.

But back to the press release:

About his collection, Randy Jackson said, "I'm a person who loves to wear glasses. It's another opportunity to tell you who I am. And I think that all men can enjoy wearing glasses and look good in them. But there isn't much out there for men. So I decided I'd create a line-for all men that want to look good."

Being a man who wears glasses myself, I feel his pain. Although I'd counter that there are plenty of styles of specs out there for men, but most of them make the wearer look like Paul from "The Wonder Years" or former President Bush.

Anyway, Randy's collection — boasting eight designs in a variety of colors and metal, plastic and semi-rimless styles, the press release says — is said to be available at America's Best glasses stores, although a halfhearted search on my part couldn't pull up a spot to gaze at them online. (Am I the only one who's never heard of America's Best, by the way?)

I'll be here next week as we begin another ride down the "Idol" roller coaster. That is, unless the Paula Abdul faberge egg collection gives me another reason to post before that.

Posted by Greg Barber at 5:05 PM on January 7, 2008
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down