Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carrie Underwood, reveals insight into her life post-America

Go down

Carrie Underwood, reveals insight into her life post-America Empty Carrie Underwood, reveals insight into her life post-America

Post by Angie 1/9/2008, 4:28 pm

VIP Glamour.net

All-American girl, Carrie Underwood, reveals insight into her life post-American Idol. This Southern sweetheart opens up about her own limitations, the irresistible temptation to read celeb weeklies, and whether she’s sucked face with her maybe-boyfriend.

Carrie Underwood, reveals insight into her life post-American Idol

On being linked to Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo:

There’s been so much buzz surrounding the Underwood/Simpson/Romo love triangle. Now that Jessica Simpson and Tony Romo are hot and heavy there’s a lot of speculation as to just how close Carrie Underwood and Tony Romo really were. It certainly seems Simpson has filled Underwood’s shoes – spotted all over Tinseltown hand-in-hand, and even seen cheering him on at his games.

“He was not my boyfriend and we were never dating. The more I screamed ‘We’re not dating!’ the more headlines claimed that we were a couple or that I was crying because he was out with another girl. We’re really good friends, we hang out a lot, and we’re close…well, friends smooch occasionally.”

On being a vegetarian:

“There was a traumatic incident that made me stop eating beef…And it hit me that these cute little animals that were running around playing would become someone’s dinner. Eating them made me feel guilty.”

On watching her diet and staying thin:

“The older I get, the harder it is to splurge without consequences. I love food. Chocolate and cheese and anything that’s bad for me. I’ll be really good when I’m at home so I can eat what I want to when I’m out with friends.”

On her public image:

“Everyone has all these expectations about what people should look like. Some people think I’m fat, some people don’t. Who are they to judge? But it does bother me – if I see a picture, and I look chubby, it affects how I feel about myself.”

On what the gossip mags and message boards have to say:

“Occasionally I’ll be on the Internet and see something about me and give in to the urge to click on it. It’s hard not to. Usually I wish I didn’t.”

On her stress-reliever and staying fit:

“Honestly, it’s my dog…He’s my kid that I get to take care of and put my energy into. I do exercise. I’ll use whatever’s in the hotel fitness room: the elliptical machine, maybe lift some weights. Then I’ll take Ace for a walk. And it’s important for me to know when enough is enough. I do get tired, and that can affect my whole sense of well-being.”

On wanting to be a news anchor:

“I love being on camera. And I love knowing what’s going on in the world. Diane Sawyer is my favorite. She never seems to lower herself to get the job done. She just always carries herself well. I really admire her.”

On writing her own songs:

“I don’t know if I could write a full album’s worth of material. It’s very draining. When I was writing with people, it was like going to see a psychologist for eight hours a day. I would talk about so much personal stuff at the end of the day, I would just be a wreck.”

On her weakness for ‘80s hair metal:

“I remember singing Motley Crue’s remake of ‘Smokin’ in the Boys’ Room’ in front of the mirror. That was the age of the real ‘rock star.’ I would like to have experienced that first-hand.”
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down