Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mariah Carey Week - Top 7 - 4/15/08

2 posters

Go down

Mariah Carey Week - Top 7 - 4/15/08 Empty Mariah Carey Week - Top 7 - 4/15/08

Post by geewindu 4/16/2008, 5:07 pm

Okay ConcertChris I will review the night here and you can post yours here if you want. I kept the same name you used at The Real Deal.

Now for my review. I think overall we had a boring night with only two performances to me that stood out, and only one song that I've heard of. Usually I don't know most of them so this is nothing new. I think it was a bad idea to have a Mariah night as the judges are always saying 'don't sing the mariah songs'. I never cared for her anyways.

David Archuleta
- Didn't care for it. I liked the ending and the falsetto but his falsetto wasn't as great as others have been, it just surprised me he added something new to his game. So that part I thought was good. But overall the musicseemed to drown him out.

Carly Smithson - I can't remember it very well, I remember the vocal was better than last weeks but also that after that I think she should leave but might not.

Syesha - What is with me? I cannot remember hers very well either. I'm thinking she will leave though I am not positive.

Brooke White - I think it was one of her best performances this season, and definitely the best of the night. Having said that she was shaky at the end and the fact that she is possibly doing Mariah's most well known song. (It is the only one I have heard of and still haven't heard it much) I think she will be in the bottom 3 for that factor alone. A lot of people I think are gonna like Mariah's better. But I loved the way she arranged it and expect the studio version to be the best one yet. We will see. And what was with simon? I have no idea why he compared her to a hamburger and think this is possibly the worst comment he has given someone this season. A hamburger!?! I thought for sure after seeing this that Randy was gonna say "Brooke White is back in the house tonight!"

Kristy Lee Cook - I think she did well with it vocally, for her. But overall I think it just might've been the most boring of the night.

David Cook - I think this was a good performance from him. Definitely not deserving that much praise from the judges. The first half wasn't that good and he seemed to slur his words. However I think the second half was really good. So maybe the judges blocked out the first half? I don't know why they don't do that with other contestants if they do.

Jason Castro
- Honestly another forgettable performance in my mind. It was the last one and I can't remember it. I am gonna have to watch this again though as I was voting for Brooke all the way through his performance. Yeah so I'll come back after I see it. But I really don't see what Simon saw in him at all tonight. Will definitely have to rewatch this.

Overall very BORING night. And I have no idea what the judges were thinking tonight. Totally off in my opinion. Judging is supposed to be completely impartial something for this season I couldn't do, apparently neither can these guys. Also I don't think they should've compared only the girls to mariah. I think they should've done it with the ones that tried sounding like her and that's it. ie. Syesha, Carly, and Archuleta. Kristy put a country spin on it(but still not great), David C. a rock, Brooke her own. Therefore they should have never compared these to girls to her. And at the beginning they said that's how they were gonna do things. Not Fair!

My top 3: Brooke, David C, and ? ? ?
My bottom 3: Syesha, Carly, and Kristy(?) or Jason(?)
Who's going:Syesha (though maybe Carly and I really don't want to say this but Brooke and all because of Simon's really dumb comment)

Note: My bottom three is always how I'd think it should be not how I think it will be.

Also I thought that everyone was all dressed up really nice and Archuleta came out in a t-shirt? What? I would probably wear a t-shirt if I were there but on a night where everyone dresses up? Bad move by either him or his stylist.
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Mariah Carey Week - Top 7 - 4/15/08 Empty Re: Mariah Carey Week - Top 7 - 4/15/08

Post by concertcris 4/16/2008, 8:23 pm

Mariah Carey Week - Top 7 - 4/15/08 49837 Hello. I have decided not to post my re-cap on this site however if you are interested you can find it on the real deal. You are doing well with re-capping and although you at times do show favoritism I enjoy reading your thoughts.

In response to your posting, I will just say what I thought of the Mariah performances. I can not agree that it was boring even though all the songs were pretty much ballads. I thought all the girls looked absolutely beautiful with the exception of Syesha as I felt the dress was a little "loud" considering she was singing a gospel-influenced song.

My top favorite of the night was David Cook mainly because he showed originally even though at times it appeared you could not understand the words. I actually tape the show and usually the next day after the performances I just listen without watching them. Believe me the words sound clearer when doing this. I liked how he took a pop song, re-arranged it and made it sound like a rock song.

David Archuleta does not have the "entertainer" factor but in reality his vocal power is amazing and I enjoy listening to him.

I do believe that Kristy Lee Cook gave a great vocal and I could hear this being a hit on the country radio stations.

Carly, my top favorite girl did well with her choice in spite of the tepid review by the judges however I do not think she was the best of the night. I only know given the right songs to sing she will be on my list of artists to support in the future.

Brooke White started out beautifully with her song but sadly lost it at the bridge as Randy said. I felt like she was gasping for air in the second half. No doubt she will have a successful career I feel.

Jason Castro did step out of his comfort zone and did fairly well however when you just listen as I do you can hear the off-pitch notes here and there.

For me personally I felt Syesha was the worst of the night as some of her singing bordered on screeching. It also amazes me when the professional critics say what I have written and this was the case on the foxesonidol site. She is my pick to go however, this season is very unpredicatable so I would say that the two Davids are safe for sure. As for the others it is really anyone's guess.

Thanks for the re-cap and also for reading this. One last note my name is actually spelled concertcris. I came by this moniker because in the last 6 years I have seen over 100 artists live in concert. However my kids refer to me as "the teenager" since I keep up with today's music. Sometimes I just feel like my kids are too old for me. Laughing

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Mariah Carey Week - Top 7 - 4/15/08 Empty Re: Mariah Carey Week - Top 7 - 4/15/08

Post by geewindu 4/16/2008, 11:49 pm

concertcris wrote:Mariah Carey Week - Top 7 - 4/15/08 49837 Hello. I have decided not to post my re-cap on this site however if you are interested you can find it on the real deal. You are doing well with re-capping and although you at times do show favoritism I enjoy reading your thoughts.
Yeah I'm working on that favoritism thing. Skid from the SRQ soul patrol is helping me. Very Happy Thanks I always enjoy you're thoughts too. I like the different take on things.

In response to your posting, I will just say what I thought of the Mariah performances. I can not agree that it was boring even though all the songs were pretty much ballads. I thought all the girls looked absolutely beautiful with the exception of Syesha as I felt the dress was a little "loud" considering she was singing a gospel-influenced song.
I thought it was boring for the main fact that they didn't do great vocals(good but not great) on the songs and they seemed to run together to me except for the 2 I stated. JMO

My top favorite of the night was David Cook mainly because he showed originally even though at times it appeared you could not understand the words. I actually tape the show and usually the next day after the performances I just listen without watching them. Believe me the words sound clearer when doing this. I liked how he took a pop song, re-arranged it and made it sound like a rock song.

David Archuleta does not have the "entertainer" factor but in reality his vocal power is amazing and I enjoy listening to him.

I do believe that Kristy Lee Cook gave a great vocal and I could hear this being a hit on the country radio stations.

Carly, my top favorite girl did well with her choice in spite of the tepid review by the judges however I do not think she was the best of the night. I only know given the right songs to sing she will be on my list of artists to support in the future.

Brooke White started out beautifully with her song but sadly lost it at the bridge as Randy said. I felt like she was gasping for air in the second half. No doubt she will have a successful career I feel.

Jason Castro did step out of his comfort zone and did fairly well however when you just listen as I do you can hear the off-pitch notes here and there.

For me personally I felt Syesha was the worst of the night as some of her singing bordered on screeching. It also amazes me when the professional critics say what I have written and this was the case on the foxesonidol site. She is my pick to go however, this season is very unpredicatable so I would say that the two Davids are safe for sure. As for the others it is really anyone's guess.

Thanks for the re-cap and also for reading this. One last note my name is actually spelled concertcris. I came by this moniker because in the last 6 years I have seen over 100 artists live in concert. However my kids refer to me as "the teenager" since I keep up with today's music. Sometimes I just feel like my kids are too old for me. Laughing
You're welcome and sorry about the mis-spelling, concertcris. Wink I noticed it was wrong and then I got distracted and i forgot to fix it, sorry.
I think given the right songs a lot of these if not all of these artists will do really well, the only exception out of the Top 8 is Syesha, and she does have a great voice but I don't know if she stands out enough. Archuleta will do really well 'cause of his voice and teenage girl fans. And each of the rest of them I think could do really well if they get the right material.

No doubt she will have a successful career I feel.
Very Happy This I like. I would definitely buy her cds, as for a long music career I really hope so but I cannot say as I am way too biased for that. I would like to think so. Very Happy I do know she has a great recording voice, along with Archuleta though I would only get an Archuleta cd for my sisters not for me. It's just not my kinda thing, I guess. The others I am not sure. I haven't heard their studio recordings enough.
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by concertcris 4/17/2008, 9:31 am

Very Happy Well, I am happy to say both of our favorites are safe for another week gee. Also, I am glad that postage stamps are being issued to support Idol Gives Back. I read that the winners are on the stamps so looks like Taylor will finally get the well-deserved credit somewhat of being a winner of this show. I am guessing with the pattern they are following his stamp will be out the week of May 5th. A special treat for me as my birthday falls on May 10th. Hope I am right.

Until next week, take care! Smile

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by geewindu 4/17/2008, 3:56 pm

Yep all the winners including this year's winner will be on stamps. There are 50 different stamps per winner. 1 for each state. That's a lot I thought, but it's true. Here's a link to the site. Rueben is there now.

http://photo.stamps.com/Store/brand/americanidol/?_requestid=11885

And YAY!!!! Mariah Carey Week - Top 7 - 4/15/08 287422 Both our faves are left! Wouldn't it be funny if those somehow made it to the finale together? Seems to me like Carly and Brooke trade spots every week for the bottom 3 the last few weeks, while Syesha is always there. Kinda like Kristy used to be. I find that interesting. Knowing how this season has been going with the eliminations our faves just might make the top 2 together or be out the next 2 weeks. I hoping for the first choice there. Very Happy
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down