Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrew Lloyd Webber week 04-23-08

2 posters

Go down

Andrew Lloyd Webber week 04-23-08 Empty Andrew Lloyd Webber week 04-23-08

Post by geewindu 4/23/2008, 2:53 pm

Okay tonight for me was again overall not great again.

Syesha -16- Much more entertaining than usual for her. Was it great? No. But after tonight I finally see a future for this girl. Broadway is her place to go. Way too over the top for me but I do think she'll do good on broadway. Should be bottom 3 but I don't think she will be. Bad son choice here. In the musical it was sung by 3 guys acting drunk and it sounded better.

Jason -14- I thought the beginning was pretty good but it wasn't good in thie middle 'til near the end. Shouldn't go home but I think he just might. Not even deserving of a bottom 3 tonight, surprising.

Brooke -23- I felt for her after restarting but if you just pay attention to the song and forget about that restart besides when it seemed she was really concentrating to get that one line out the rest of the performance was beautiful, just beautiful. She really got connected with the song and made us believe it. Having said that people are gonna take notice that she messed up and who knows how they'll vote. I think again she was very proffessional about it and agree with Simon there.
This was the first time this season she messed up her words and it wasn't 'cause she forgot them either it's 'cause truly she lost them. I think she was getting into the song too much at the beginning and that's what happened. She acted the song out perfectly after that. I don't think she should be in the bottom 3 after showing such class and don't think she will be. Last week even though I liked it I thought she was leaving last week, you never know anymore but I don't think she'll be down there. Notice the huge crowd response after this one. Wink

Archuleta -11- One of his worst performances to date. Possibly his worst. What was he thinking? Oh yeah he was constantly thinking to keep his eyes open, he kept trying to close them and everytime he did he'd pop his eyes back open. I don't even think he knew what the heck he was singing. Definitely deserving of bottom 3. Should he leave? I'm not sure it's down to him and Carly for tonight's

Carly -10- Okay WHAT!?! I think she had really poor song choice here. Even if ALW suggested it. I think she was off timing or something. Anyway didn't work out at all. Should be in the bottom 3 but after the judges comments who knows. And why does Simon always compliment her on the clothes that I don't seem to like?

David Cook -21- Definitely one of the better ones of the night. Was it great? No. But after coming after Carly it sure did look that way. He definitely has a good shot at winning this whole thing.

Again tonight for me only 2 good ones. What is up with that? I think we are in for a good week next week just 'cause these last 3 weren't as good. (maybe they've all been shaken after Michael left?) I missed Kristy's performance this week and think she definitely would've done better than 4 of these guys.

Song choice seemed to be a big problem tonight. The only one who picked a good song for them I think was Brooke. Maybe 'cause it was from a movie instead of a broadway show? I think there were better ones out there for all the other contestants.

My top 3: Cook, Brooke, and Castro

My bottom 3: Archuleta, Carly, and Syesha

Who's going: Way too hard to call. Again Davids are safe and I'm thinking it's gonna be Carly or Castro to leave us. The judges did like Kristy and she left so that's why I'm thinking/hoping Carly might go.

Anyway you put it this week it's a shocker. Why 'cause Jason has too many fans, the judges liked Carly and Syesha, it's always gonna be a shocker if one of the Davids left. And Brooke's was absolutely beautiful.
People will probably be expecting Brooke to go and after that restart but I can't see it happening after that kind of performance she gave. Though I'm thinking if she doesn't blow everyone out of the water next week it may just be her time. She needs to really impress the judges in order to stay in. Though after last night's performance she deserves a top 3 finish even if she doesn't get it.

Last edited by geewindu on 4/24/2008, 6:14 pm; edited 5 times in total
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Andrew Lloyd Webber week 04-23-08 Empty Re: Andrew Lloyd Webber week 04-23-08

Post by geewindu 4/23/2008, 3:29 pm

Oh and I gave points based on these categories: Singing, Song Choice, Personality(includes connection to song), Appearence, and Crowd reaction. With a maximum of 5 points and a minimum of 1 per category. + is if it's between a 4 and a 5. So you could give someone a 20+++++. So you add in the 4 and put a plus after it. So you know if anybody wants to give it a shot. I welcome your reviews and thoughts!
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by concertcris 4/25/2008, 9:35 am

Hi, I actually read your review over at the real deal and of course you know my thoughts on this night of theatre. I will say I did enjoy the night of songs.

My top favorites of the night were David Cook, Syesha and Carly. Of course we now know Carly was eliminated but oh how I look forward to her future music.

Now I am done voting unless of course only one of the Davids are in the finale then I will be voting severely for that David as they are my top two favorites who are left in the competition.

Thanks for the review.

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content