Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hicks Prepares for Broadway

3 posters

Go down

Hicks Prepares for Broadway Empty Hicks Prepares for Broadway

Post by Angie 5/17/2008, 10:07 am

Taylor Hicks will make his Broadway debut on June 6, playing Teen Angel in "Grease" at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre. Taylor Hicks said being in New York for three months will allow him to continue working on his next CD. He's been writing songs and recording demos in Nashville, Hicks said, and hopes to release a new single in the fall.

The Hoover native and former "American Idol" winner, 31, will perform in the musical through Sept. 7. Hicks plans to announce his Broadway run on television this morning, on NBC's "The Today Show."

"I'm honored for the opportunity to experience Broadway," Hicks said Thursday. "I feel blessed and excited."

He'll appear in one number in the musical, singing "Beauty School Dropout." That's traditional for his character, a hip guardian angel who makes a showy appearance in Act II, offering advice to a teen named Frenchy.

"This particular part, Teen Angel, really allows me to put my toe in the water and test the waters," Hicks said. "I've always been a little over the top, so this is perfect for me."

If he does well on stage and draws audiences, Hicks said, he'll probably look for another, larger role on Broadway.

Meantime, he's been listening to "Beauty School Dropout" and meeting with the "Grease" team to create his niche in the musical.

Read the full article here.
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Hicks Prepares for Broadway Empty Re: Hicks Prepares for Broadway

Post by geewindu 5/17/2008, 5:00 pm

"Beauty School Dropout"

So he's like Brooke. Razz Very Happy

I think this could give him a few more fans for when he releasses his cd, I'm sure he'll be the showstopper. Hicks Prepares for Broadway 613758
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by concertcris 5/18/2008, 9:51 am

Hicks Prepares for Broadway 686681 Kind of an odd choice for our Tay to take on but hopefully it will be a smash for him. I know for sure I am definitely waiting for that new cd as I have missed him. Also, I am wondering what happened to that DVD he was supposed to release.

Anyway, congrats and good luck to him! Simply adore that man!

I love you

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content