Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joanna Pacitti out of 'American Idol,' Felicia Barton in.

4 posters

Go down

Joanna Pacitti out of 'American Idol,' Felicia Barton in. Empty Joanna Pacitti out of 'American Idol,' Felicia Barton in.

Post by TaysLadybug 2/12/2009, 1:21 pm

Joanna Pacitti,
Joanna Pacitti out of 'American Idol,' Felicia Barton in. Tn_356_JoannaPacitti17_1200459280
the American Idol season 8 hopeful who was shown advancing to the top 36 on Wednesday night's telecast, has been booted from the competition and replaced by 26-year-old Felicia Barton
Joanna Pacitti out of 'American Idol,' Felicia Barton in. Felicia-barton.

"It has been determined that Joanna Pacitti is ineligible to continue in the competition," stated a Fox press release sent early Thursday morning announcing the show's full roster of semifinalists.

For the last several weeks, Pacitti has been the subject of Internet chatter regarding her former deal with A&M Records, which yielded the single "Let It Slide" and more recently, for her rumored close relationship with a pair of 19 Entertainment executives. Specifically, Star magazine reported that Pacitti lived for a time in the same apartment building as 19's Michelle Young and Roger Widynowski, even referring to the former exec as her "best friend"; 19, of course, is the production company behind Idol.

Barton, meanwhile, was shown getting eliminated by the judges during Wednesday night's final Hollywood Week telecast, although a brief clip of her singing "Put Your Records On" during the Louisville, KY, audition round had created a decent mount of buzz among Idol watchers.
Check back later tonight and tomorrow morning at EW.com for further updates.

Link to Source:::: http://breaking-news.ew.com/2009/02/joanna-pacitti.html

My Comemnt: one of her songs was on Legally Blonde Soundtrack called Watch Me Shine
TaysLadybug
TaysLadybug
Super Mod
Super Mod

Number of posts : 22
Fave Idol(s) : UUUUUUUM that Sexy A$$ gray Haired Guy that won season 5 Taylor Hicks LOL, David A & Elliott
Registration date : 2009-01-17

http://myspace.com/penney1115

Back to top Go down

Joanna Pacitti out of 'American Idol,' Felicia Barton in. Empty Re: Joanna Pacitti out of 'American Idol,' Felicia Barton in.

Post by Angie 2/12/2009, 2:45 pm

Her having previous songs isn't why she was cut.
She has an extensive music business past and I don't understand why they didn't check into her background and connections before letting her go as far as she did. Being in the music business doesn't everyone know everybody? Laughing

I don't think it's fair for Joanna and I know she had some fans already. I'm sure they are upset. There has been a lot of buzz surrounding Joanna for quite awhile now. I wonder what prompted this decision. Seriously...they filmed the Top 36 chair episode back in January...probably over 3 weeks ago. This is very strange. confused
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Joanna Pacitti out of 'American Idol,' Felicia Barton in. Empty Re: Joanna Pacitti out of 'American Idol,' Felicia Barton in.

Post by Angie 2/12/2009, 2:49 pm

I'm bringing this over to DGU

I"m too lazy to do all the pretty picture work you did Joanna Pacitti out of 'American Idol,' Felicia Barton in. 53476
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by concertcris 2/15/2009, 9:17 am

Sad Frankly I do not think Joanna should have been selected at all for the top 36 and I am basing my opinion on what we saw of her during the Hollywood rounds. Of course another factor is they should have known all of this long ago because this was not fair not only to others but to Joanna herself.

Some of the judges picks did not make sense to me at all aka Norman Gentle and Tatiana are two examples. Jamar Rogers was definitely robbed of a spot as were others who I think should have made it. Stephen Fowler was another one who I think should not have gotten through based again on Hollywood.

As for Felicia I doubt we will see much of her as up until now we have not see alot of her anyway. I really do not like this new format for the eliminations.

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by geewindu 2/17/2009, 12:58 am

Well I wasn't sure about Joanna... I might've liked her but really didn't think they showed enough.. yes Rogers should've been in the top 36 no doubt.. and what is up with tatiana? Most Annoying Contestant Ever!!!!

And yes this new format stinks I said that in a post I just made somewhere else here LOL!
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by TaysLadybug 2/18/2009, 3:46 am

Angie wrote:I'm bringing this over to DGU

I"m too lazy to do all the pretty picture work you did Joanna Pacitti out of 'American Idol,' Felicia Barton in. 53476

Well silly Joanna Pacitti out of 'American Idol,' Felicia Barton in. 179491 all you had to do was go to my original post click edit & then Select all & Copy it then paste to the DGU Laughing And youd have all my pretty work LOL
TaysLadybug
TaysLadybug
Super Mod
Super Mod

Fave Idol(s) : UUUUUUUM that Sexy A$$ gray Haired Guy that won season 5 Taylor Hicks LOL, David A & Elliott

Back to top Go down

Post by TaysLadybug 2/18/2009, 4:03 am

Angie wrote:Her having previous songs isn't why she was cut.
She has an extensive music business past and I don't understand why they didn't check into her background and connections before letting her go as far as she did. Being in the music business doesn't everyone know everybody? Laughing

I don't think it's fair for Joanna and I know she had some fans already. I'm sure they are upset. There has been a lot of buzz surrounding Joanna for quite awhile now. I wonder what prompted this decision. Seriously...they filmed the Top 36 chair episode back in January...probably over 3 weeks ago. This is very strange. confused

Well The show is loaded with IDIOTS {as far as Big Wigs so it doesnt suprise me that they didnt look into her musical past to make sure she didnt already have a contract. BTW didnt they tell us douring the auditions that she did have a record contract but it was dure to expire at the end of JAN? Or did I read it somewhere. Mom swears up & down they never said anything about her have a record deal anywhere ever. I know it was either mentioned on AI by Ryan or It could have been that show Extra I just remembered I think it was that show maybe that airing is what got eyebrows riased that & the fact shes got ties with 19 or somethign having to do with AI.

I love the show despite the fact it's loaded with DUMB ASS executives.
TaysLadybug
TaysLadybug
Super Mod
Super Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie 2/20/2009, 8:26 am

TaysLadybug wrote:
Angie wrote:I'm bringing this over to DGU

Well silly Joanna Pacitti out of 'American Idol,' Felicia Barton in. 179491 all you had to do was go to my original post click edit & then Select all & Copy it then paste to the DGU Laughing And youd have all my pretty work LOL
That is exactly what I did Razz
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down