Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Daughtry “American Idol” Slam Rolling Stone Magazine

2 posters

Go down

Chris Daughtry “American Idol” Slam Rolling Stone Magazine Empty Chris Daughtry “American Idol” Slam Rolling Stone Magazine

Post by Angie 1/18/2008, 4:47 pm

popcrunch.com

American Idol alum Chris Daughtry is defending his comments in a Rolling Stone Magazine interview, which claims he slammed the television talent competition that launched his platinum-selling music career. Chris says he comments were taken out of context.

“I feel like it’s definitely lacking some credibility at this point,” the former American Idol fifth-season finalist told Rolling Stone in an interview published Monday. “It’s in a state of decline and if they don’t do something about it, it’s probably not gonna last too much longer. I’m sure that’ll be used against me, but that’s the truth, you know?”

“People get tired of seeing people that suck,” he told Rolling Stone. “It’s funny at first, but come on. They spend three weeks on people that can’t sing, and that’s what they’re banking it on. [They should] find some people that you can really invest in.”

Chris attempted to set the record straight in a blog published on Tuesday.

“It’s so sad that when you’re asked something and you answer honestly….you’re made out to be the bad guy. Yes, I’m referring to the Rolling Stone post. The funny thing is, if you heard the whole conversation you would’ve heard all the good things I said about the show as well. Like for instance: How it’s an amazing platform to launch a career…..”If you take it seriously!!!!” Let’s not forget I was a struggling artist for 11 years that never got any respect or notoriety so know that I’m eternally grateful for the opportunity that Idol gave me. And that’s where my comments came from. It all started when the interviewer (who was great by the way) asked me where the “Idol stigma everyone talks about” comes from. Ya know….the reason people never take anyone from the show serious in the real world and why people say “oh they came from AI, they’re not real artists.” So, I answered that I don’t feel that enough “artists” try out for the show because of how many people they focus on that are obviously there for comedic and entertainment value. And when you focus enough on people that aren’t serious about it then it’s hard for the audience to take you as an artist serious. And it’s also hard as a potential contestant to think it’s a good way to get seen because you’re afraid of being made a joke of. I also said I think it’s AWESOME that they are letting the contestants play their own instruments and that I feel that will show something in the contestants that people (the audience) never get to see….but that wasn’t printed. My long winded point is this….I was never trying to “DISS” the show or “BITE THE HAND THAT FED ME” so to speak. I was simply giving my input on what I think would spice the show up a bit.
Sorry for being honest. God bless!-Chris”
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Chris Daughtry “American Idol” Slam Rolling Stone Magazine Empty Re: Chris Daughtry “American Idol” Slam Rolling Stone Magazine

Post by Angie 1/19/2008, 12:54 pm

I'm only posting a portion of this article because the rest is just repeating....Poor Chris has taken slams after his comments in Rolling Stone. Just an example how the press makes your words seem different than what you said Sad

On Thursday (January 17), RollingStone.com posted part of an interview that had been conducted with Idol judge Randy Jackson the day before. Responding to Daughtry's slam, he said, "I love Chris. I think he made an amazing record that he sold extremely well. He's a testament to the fact that no matter where you finish on Idol — even if you finish 12th — if you make a great record and you got that kind of exposure, the public will resoundingly buy it. But the bottom line is there would be no Chris Daughtry if there wasn't American Idol."

Read the full article at mtvasia.com
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Chris Daughtry “American Idol” Slam Rolling Stone Magazine Empty Re: Chris Daughtry “American Idol” Slam Rolling Stone Magazine

Post by concertcris 1/19/2008, 1:22 pm

Chris Daughtry “American Idol” Slam Rolling Stone Magazine 378924 I also was shocked to read the article about Chris slamming American Idol but it could be that the reporter did not write the interview in the best light. I have also read Chris's explanation of how they twisted things around. Do I believe him? Well, have to admit I am not sure because I have heard so many bad things about Chris and how he treats some of his fans.

I do like how Randy responded to this situation. He is so right, who would have known anything about Chris had it not been for this show.

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie 1/19/2008, 1:45 pm

I agree with you. I still feel bad for Chris though. I've heard bad things about him as well. And...I don't think he'll be so popular for more than a few years...if that.

I guess he's learning how the media twists your words.

There are still articles about it today....(at least i think they are from today as I'm behind on my Google alerts Laughing )
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down