Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kellie was on GAC

Go down

Kellie was on GAC Empty Kellie was on GAC

Post by geewindu 2/21/2008, 3:41 am

Kellie Pickler Posts USO Diary on GAC
GAC host Storme Warren joined Kellie Pickler on her first USO Tour to the Middle East to visit with the armed forces serving in "Operation Iraqi Freedom." Don't miss GAC's special, Kellie Pickler: My USO Diary, premiering Saturday, Feb. 16 at 9 p.m. ET.

February 4, 2008 — Kellie Pickler joined the long list of country stars who've gone on USO tours during December, and she kept a video journal of the trip when she brought along GAC. Her time in the Middle East will air as a special, Kellie Pickler: My USO Diary on Saturday, Feb. 16 at 9 p.m. ET.

During her trip overseas, she performed at a number of bases and outposts around Iraq, getting from site to site via Black Hawk helicopter.

"That was one of the coolest things we've done," Kellie says. "I'd never flown in a helicopter before, and now... I think I want one."

The USO tour gave her a greater appreciation for the personal sacrifices being made by thousands of men and women her own age in a hostile environment.

"I feel more protected and secure than I ever have in my life, and I feel like I've made life-long friends and the troops are family to me," she says. "How can you not feel safe around our military? In fact, I wish they'd have been around when I was on ["American Idol"] and Simon [Cowell] was near!"

In addition to the special's Feb. 16 debut, it will also be featured in encore presentations on Feb. 17 at 11 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET.

I don't know if you can still find it or not but you can follow this link to see pictures:

http://www.gactv.com/gac/nw_headlines/article/0,,GAC_26063_5799754,00.html
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down