Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Cook/Lionel Richey

Go down

David Cook/Lionel Richey Empty David Cook/Lionel Richey

Post by Guest 3/9/2008, 6:03 pm

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com:80/blog/2008/03/07/lionel-richie-impressed-by-idols-rendition-of-hello/

David Cook/Lionel Richey David-cook-hello1

Seems American Idol contestant David Cook’s version of the 1984 Lionel Richie song Hello didn’t just blow away Randy, Paula, and Simon.

During Thursday’s Top 12 reveal, Idol host Ryan Seacrest hinted to Cook that Lionel Richie himself loved the song. In fact, earlier in the day, Richie told Seacrest during an interview that Cook’s performance blew him away.”

“I’m putting that song out there tomorrow myself with David on it,” Richie said on Seacrest’s KIIS-FM radio show. “That is a smash record that David did the other night.”

Richie, who has guest-judged on American Idol in the past, released Hello as a single in 1984. The song went to number one on the US Billboard Hot 100 and the UK Singles Chart. Hello is probably most recognizable by its video, in which Richie is enamored with a blind arts student.

Cook, armed with an electric guitar, put a rocker spin on the mellow ballad, a move which Simon called “brave,” and which impressed all three of the judges, propelling the Blue Springs, Missouri contestant to a spot in the final 12.

“I couldn’t believe it,” Richie said. “David just played it as if it was his song from the beginning as if there was no Lionel Richie involved…he just killed it.”

The top 12 finalists take to the stage on Tuesday, March 11 at 8:00 PM (ET) on FOX.

Photo Courtesy: Reality TV Magazine

Last edited by TaysLadybug on 3/12/2008, 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

David Cook/Lionel Richey Empty Re: David Cook/Lionel Richey

Post by Angie 3/10/2008, 7:49 pm

Pens...you need to post the link to the original article. Don't want to get sued for copywright infringement or whatever would happy Wink
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie 3/10/2008, 7:49 pm

That picture must be a screen cap because I haven't seen that anywhere before.
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/12/2008, 12:19 am

Thank god I found it

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down