Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Idol Recap: David Archuleta Debacle Caps Night, While Brooke White, Chikezie

Go down

American Idol Recap: David Archuleta Debacle Caps Night, While Brooke White, Chikezie Empty American Idol Recap: David Archuleta Debacle Caps Night, While Brooke White, Chikezie

Post by geewindu 3/15/2008, 1:13 pm

American Idol Recap: David Archuleta Debacle Caps Night, While Brooke White, Chikezie Shine
March 13, 2008

As some of you may have noticed, Jeffrey Christian so kindly filled in for me these past two weeks while I was busy working on a million different projects. But now I'm back, and it feels great to be home.

And what a week to return! Yes, for the first time in Idol land, it was Beatles night. But don't cash that royalty check just yet, Ringo. Seacrest made it clear that the songs would be from the Lennon/McCartney songbook. You'll just have to live off those "Shining Time Station" residuals a little bit longer, Mr. Starkey.....

Chikezie
Song: "She's a Woman"
Verdict: O Brother!

Chikezie's electric performance was the anti-Vampire Weekend. Instead of white dorks playing African music, a Nigerian rocked a bluegrass tune, and in the process turned the entire Idol competition on its head. Sure, Chi's jug-band-turned-hard-rock arrangement was a little schizophrenic and, yes, his vocals occasionally teetered on brakes-on-asphalt screeching, but he won huge points by being unpredictable and extra-likable (even after we found out he was an airport security guard). A singer who I swore wouldn't survive the next two weeks all of a sudden seems like a guy we'll be seeing a lot of this season. Also, I love my parents with all my heart, but if Chikezie's family ever wants to adopt me, my bags are packed. (And hell, Chikezie could even x-ray my luggage personally!)

For more of the article go here:
http://www.mtvasia.com/News/200803/13015535.html
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down