Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Down To Ten - Results - 3/19/08

2 posters

Go down

Down To Ten - Results - 3/19/08 Empty Down To Ten - Results - 3/19/08

Post by concertcris 3/20/2008, 11:23 am

Down To Ten - Results - 3/19/08 707264 Welcome to another night of the dreaded results. Once again the voting public got it wrong. But hey, I am jumping ahead too far to comment yet on this travestry so let's get to the show.

Wink Ryan looking oh so handsome in his suit and stripped tie introduces our judges after his welcoming speech. We next hear about the songwriting contest to pick a new song for this year's winner. Frankly I am hoping it is a better pick than that horrible song from last year "This Is My Now". Poor Jordin Sparks had to include this on her album which recently was certified gold. Not to say she sold that much but it sounds good anyway.

Down To Ten - Results - 3/19/08 969458 Our mentors are announced next in the forms of Dolly Parton, Mariah Carey, Andrew Lloyd Webber and Neil Diamond. Why I do own music from 3 of them and respect their talent I felt letdown with these choices. Just a thought, how about some good mentoring from groups like INXS, Aerosmith or Nickelback.

Down To Ten - Results - 3/19/08 141279 Next up is the worst group sing I have ever heard as our singers do a medley of songs I did not even recognize of Beatles music. This group really just do not sound good together and with all the off-notes of this particular number, I think they should give up this segment all together.

Down To Ten - Results - 3/19/08 754998 After a re-hash of the snoozefest of the night before we are getting the first results. Boring Brooke White is the first sent to the black sofas safely. On the other side of the stage is the 3 silver chairs that our bottom 3 will be sitting in. First to those chairs is a true surprise as Carly Smithson is the first of the bottom 3. I am totally floored! Next to be saved is David Archuleta followed by the Aussie, Michael Johns. I am thinking Michael is safe only because of his looks rather than his singing ability. Sad that looks reign supreme here.

Down To Ten - Results - 3/19/08 179491 Next we get to see one of the stupidest Ford commericals in the making. All about a space ship, the group get to sing "Should I Stay or Should I Go". My guess is I would want to go rather than have to appear in this nonsense.

Sad More results as David Cook is safe (good). Kristy Lee Cook makes the bottom 3 again (please go home). Sent to safety next are the boring, goofy Jason Castro and little Ramiele Malubay. I am getting a bad feeling at this point wondering who will complete the bottom 3.

Laughing Phone calls this week are next. Cheryll wants to know why Simon buys so many cars and not clothes. Offended Simon says this is a rude remark and also says he has no ego. C'mon Simon, why did you recently purchase a million dollar car if this is the case. I loved the next question as Jessica wants to know if Simon would do a sequel to the kiss he and Paula shared on Season 2. He answers with a huge grin that yes he would because Paula is a good kisser. Hmmm....So many thoughts on my part here. Could this be the start of something in the mix I wonder. Next from Mary is to Ramiele on what song she added to her IPod. The answer is "I'm A Flirt" by R. Kelly. Then a dumb question from Linda asking Michael Johns if the experience of American Idol is everything he hoped for. What the hell is he going to say: That it's horrible! He of course says yes and adds that it is more stressful than he thought it would be.

Smile Next up Ryan tells us that Kellie Pickler has grown so much in so many ways (Is he referring to the rumored breast plants or what, I wonder). Cute Kellie is shown in a number of clips from her idol days and today's successes before she sings "Red High Heels". I loved her dress but that hair-do did nothing for her looks as she appeared so much older than her idol season. Cute bit with Simon as she sings and of course she still has that cute personality. I do have to add that I was getting bored with her singing quickly. Sorry Kellie fans.

Very Happy Definitely a high note here as we see Fantasia and Elliott Yamin handing out bed nets to the Malaria infested area of Angola. How awful that anyone should have to go through this fear of getting Malaria on a daily basis. The locals are thrilled to hear Fantasia sing "Amazing Grace" and our dear Elliott is overwhelmed and tearful finding out that a newborn is named after him. Loved that shout-out from him "I'm a godfather". Great news knowing that some of last years funds went to handing out 8 million bed nets for this nation of sadly inflicted people. Just a reminder that this year's Idol Gives Back will air on April 9th. Billy Crystal was one of the names mentioned who will appear on this worthy cause.

Mad Now back to the results. Syesha Mercado is safely in the top 10 as is Chikezie Eze (I am so glad on this one) and lastly Amanda Overmeyer completes the bottom 3. Have to say even though Amanda has not given us too much variety with her performances I was surprised to see her in the bottom 3.

Carly Smithson gets a reprieve and is sent to the couches. That leaves Kristy and Amanda and once again the horse girl is safe. I am remembering the words that Simon said that this girl is forgettable. Obviously not as for 3 straight weeks she has knocked out better singers. What a total travestry. Fans of the others better vote big time for their favorites as it appears this Kristy girl does have nine lives.

Down To Ten - Results - 3/19/08 49837 Our results are in and now comes the real battle as the top 10 vie for your votes. Hopefully the coming themes will be better ones. I feel relieved knowing I no longer have to vote as I am sure who will make the top 5 and only a possible two of them interest me, namely the two Davids. Hopefully Carly Smithson will outlast the "forgettable" Kristy of the remaining group. So in closing I welcome your thoughts and wish all a wonderful week ahead.

Down To Ten - Results - 3/19/08 142380

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Down To Ten - Results - 3/19/08 Empty Re: Down To Ten - Results - 3/19/08

Post by geewindu 3/21/2008, 4:40 pm

Ryan looking oh so handsome in his suit and stripped tie introduces our judges after his welcoming speech. We next hear about the songwriting contest to pick a new song for this year's winner. Frankly I am hoping it is a better pick than that horrible song from last year "This Is My Now". Poor Jordin Sparks had to include this on her album which recently was certified gold. Not to say she sold that much but it sounds good anyway.
I'm entering this again. Inspiration just hit me and this was the fastest I've ever written a song I think may actually be pretty good. As for last year's out of the top 20 I only cared for one of them and it definitely wasn't "This Is My Now". Everybody told me the one I wrote last year was better than their choices they had. Of course now I'm a little more experienced at writing the music part. Last year it was only the first or second music part I wrote. I'm more of a lyric writer.

Next up is the worst group sing I have ever heard as our singers do a medley of songs I did not even recognize of Beatles music. This group really just do not sound good together and with all the off-notes of this particular number, I think they should give up this segment all together.
I think they should continue the group songs but it sounded like they had mic and sapeaker problems. I thought the song choice was pretty boring though. I noticed that when Brooke was singing her solo was extended because Ramiele's mic didn't work. She was supposed to sing with Brooke. Anyways whoever picks these songs and arranges who sings what needs to do a better job that's for sure.

Our mentors are announced next in the forms of Dolly Parton, Mariah Carey, Andrew Lloyd Webber and Neil Diamond. Why I do own music from 3 of them and respect their talent I felt letdown with these choices. Just a thought, how about some good mentoring from groups like INXS, Aerosmith or Nickelback.
I was hoping maybe Billy Ray Cyrus would be one as he is my favorite artist. But Dolly's a good choice and with her there it should make for a good country week as she knows what she's doing. So if the contestants listen to her we should have an awesome week. I can't wait! Country week is usually one of my favorites.
I think with Neil Diamond there we could get a good week from him. As for the other 2 I'm not so sure. I've heard the name Andrew Lloyd Weber but that's about it. And I don't care for Mariah.
Next we get to see one of the stupidest Ford commericals in the making. All about a space ship, the group get to sing "Should I Stay or Should I Go". My guess is I would want to go rather than have to appear in this nonsense.
Stupid or not I liked better than last weeks. It looked like they had fun doing it and IMO it wasn't as bad as you say.

Next up Ryan tells us that Kellie Pickler has grown so much in so many ways (Is he referring to the rumored breast plants or what, I wonder). Cute Kellie is shown in a number of clips from her idol days and today's successes before she sings "Red High Heels". I loved her dress but that hair-do did nothing for her looks as she appeared so much older than her idol season. Cute bit with Simon as she sings and of course she still has that cute personality. I do have to add that I was getting bored with her singing quickly. Sorry Kellie fans.
I thought her hair was better as they've made her look really old with some of her hairstyle. As for the song I was hoping she would've done a newer one as that was released as a single before "I Wonder" which she sang on last year's Idol.

Definitely a high note here as we see Fantasia and Elliott Yamin handing out bed nets to the Malaria infested area of Angola. How awful that anyone should have to go through this fear of getting Malaria on a daily basis. The locals are thrilled to hear Fantasia sing "Amazing Grace" and our dear Elliott is overwhelmed and tearful finding out that a newborn is named after him. Loved that shout-out from him "I'm a godfather". Great news knowing that some of last years funds went to handing out 8 million bed nets for this nation of sadly inflicted people. Just a reminder that this year's Idol Gives Back will air on April 9th. Billy Crystal was one of the names mentioned who will appear on this worthy cause.
I thought that was cool to see Elliot again. Down To Ten - Results - 3/19/08 990889 Yep I liked it.

Our results are in and now comes the real battle as the top 10 vie for your votes. Hopefully the coming themes will be better ones. I feel relieved knowing I no longer have to vote as I am sure who will make the top 5 and only a possible two of them interest me, namely the two Davids. Hopefully Carly Smithson will outlast the "forgettable" Kristy of the remaining group. So in closing I welcome your thoughts and wish all a wonderful week ahead.
I've always thought Syesha was forgettable and Kristy wasn't just because she's country and therefore stands out more than Syesha. I think Kristy is getting better anyways and at this rate may actually make the top 6. I think she's gotta do a lot better for that to happen but like I said she's getting better every week. I might've said this somewhere else but after I saw the bottom 3 I was really hoping Carly would go. She has only had one okay performance evreything else was Down To Ten - Results - 3/19/08 441413 Down To Ten - Results - 3/19/08 441413

I hope you all have a Great weekend & Easter!!!!! I gotta go finish perfecting my song. Very Happy
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by concertcris 3/21/2008, 7:23 pm

Down To Ten - Results - 3/19/08 49837 Well gee, it does appear we have differing tastes on the singers. As for Dolly Parton being on the show, I actually like many of her songs and with her down-to-earth attitude she should do good by our group. Neil Diamond has always been a favorite of mine and I do own all of his music. I only like some songs by Mariah but not all. Andrew Lloyd Webber is more theatre oriented so am assuming they will be doing Broadway numbers or something in that realm. I think they should have added a rocker band only because that would pretty much add to the genres of music.

I personally am not liking country week only because the new country really does not interest me. However, if they do songs by some of our old country artists like Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Tammy Wynette, etc. then I can appreciate that segment. I saw many of the old country artists when I was younger and they were great. Actually took a trip to Nashville because my hubby was a Barbara Mandrell fan and my favorite group Alabama was there. We went to the Grand Old Opry and saw Bill Anderson, Ricky Skaggs, Juice Newton, a new artist just starting out: Shania Twain and a few others. Very good show I might add. We had a grand time on that trip.

I so agree seeing Elliott again was a plus. I just adore this guy.

As for the group sing, it was awful but only found out later they had problems with the equipment. Usually I enjoy the group sings but for some reason this year it just has not been good.

As for Carly going home, you and I disagree big time here as I think she is the best singer of the girls remaining and probably the only girl I will buy music from. Syesha maybe. I do not like Brooke or Kristy and as for Ramiele, she is becoming a disappointment for me. Am hoping she starts delivering with her song choices and performances.

Anyhow, thanks for posting. Good luck with your songwriting. And last but not least have a great Easter holiday!

Very Happy

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Back to top Go down

Post by geewindu 3/21/2008, 8:29 pm

Yep we're definitely different in our tastes. I do like a lot of different styles though.

I like old country and new country though they aren't a lot alike. I think Randy Travis is my favorite old-style country singer and Billy Ray my fave newer country singer if that's what you consider him. He's kinda a mix between country, rock, and soulful music which is why I think I like him so much.
Thanks for sharing your story I think it must've been so cool to go to the Grand Ole Opry and see all those amazing singers. Cool

Yep we have a big disagreement about the girls as the only one I would buy music from is Brooke. There is just something very soothing and unique that I like about her. I do agree with you about Ramiele though. I liked her in the first show and then I think she is getting progressively worse. I was surprised she wasn't in the bottom 3 the last 2 weeks.

Thanks if you want I can send you an mp3 once I get it recorded if you'd like. You can then tell me what you honestly think about it. I know you wouldn't have a problem with that part (I like honesty). Chances are though if you like the song it probably won't be good for Idol Laughing Well that's only if you want to hear it if you don't I completely understand. Very Happy

Happy Easter!
Down To Ten - Results - 3/19/08 1
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by concertcris 3/22/2008, 10:59 am

Smile Talk about about deja vu, the last country artist that my husband and I saw together was in Laughlin, Nevada and it was Randy Travis. I really liked this show as this guy was just so down-to-earth and his singing was excellent. Actually while in Nashville, we visited a place called the Nashville Palace which is where Randy used to work as a dishwasher. One of my fondest memories of that place is I got the autograph of Mae Axton who wrote "Heartbreak Hotel" for my all-time favorite artist: Elvis Presley. I mainly went to Tennessee to see Graceland and went on the tour 8 times in the four days we spent there. Also had to buy an extra suitcase to bring home all my souvenirs I bought. Now that my husband has died, going to Tennessee is one of my most cherished memories of all the trips we took together. I miss him so much for so many reasons but one is how much fun he was when we traveled.

As for Billy Ray Cyrus, I own his cd with "Achy Breaky Heart". Just love that song. Did you happen to catch him when he was on the show "Dancing With The Stars"? He was just so adorable on that show and really tried to put his all into the dancing.

As for the songwriting thing, you can let me know when it is done but as you said judging from this crazy voting public it might not make it as voting in "This is my now" was indeed a lousy choice last year.

Again, have a great holiday! Down To Ten - Results - 3/19/08 42241 Bye for now.

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Back to top Go down

Post by geewindu 3/22/2008, 12:52 pm

I remember hearing the story that he worked as dishwasher in Nashville. I just love his low voice. There's something I really like about that. We have so many Randy Travis cds that I could probably listen to them all day long without playing a cd twice. Very Happy Again thanks for the story looks like you two had some great times together. Smile

I have four Billy Ray cds from Southern Rain (2000) onwards. I also have the cassette tape with "Achy Breaky Heart" from when I was like 7 or 8 years old and then I just got into his music after he starred on the tv show Doc. Yep I saw him on "Dancing". I voted for him whatever amount it let us. It changed every week. I loved the fact that he always put everything he could into his dancing. He's not a great dancer but he's an amazing entertainer. Down To Ten - Results - 3/19/08 64741

I'm a perfectionist so I changed a bunch of the music of my song around yesterday. I think I'm done except for the ending, not exactly sure about that yet. I'll be sure to let you know when I have the song finished.

My main computer is connecting to the internet only when it feels like it it seems. So hopefully I can get that fixed so I can record it and submit it before Friday. I'm on the laptop now.

You also have a great holiday, See ya later! Down To Ten - Results - 3/19/08 42241
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down