Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Results - 3/26/08

2 posters

Go down

Results - 3/26/08 Empty Results - 3/26/08

Post by concertcris 3/27/2008, 9:57 am

Mad Hello gang. It is results night and the forecast is stormy at least for me as another one of my favorites gets eliminated. Before I get to the bad news let's cover some of the other things that went on during this show. I will try to be brief.

Laughing I find it laughable how they keep going on about how great the song "This Is My Now" was for Jordin Sparks last year. Jordin is a fairly good singer but even she could not make this one a hit. In fact her whole cd is not really doing that well in sales. So in keeping with the subject we hear about the songwriting contest with the entries due in by March 30th I think.

Results - 3/26/08 991927 The group sing was better this week with the gang singing "Right Back Where We Started From" originally by Maxine Nightengale. Kind of an odd choice for the sing but let me give you a little trivia about Maxine. Originally from Wembley, London our English R&B singer first signed with Pye Records and had moderate success. Changing record companies and going with United Artists she finally hit the Billboard charts in the U.S. with the above mentioned song peaking at #2 on Billboard Top 100 in May of 1976. It peaked at #8 in the U.K. Only two other times would this songstress grace the U.S. charts. In 1979 her song "Lead Me On" spent 7 weeks at #1 on Billboard's Adult Contemporary singles chart. "Bringing Out The Girl In Me" was her last offering on the pop charts. She did have some success in the U.K. and currently today she is still touring in Australia. Smile Now are you glad you know all this? teehee

Sad During the show, we see some filler moments with pimping for ITunes, seeing our contestants make their offerings for this website and comments from some on their experiences making these singles. Also more re-hash of last year's Idol Gives Back. Don't get me wrong I think this is a worthy cause but have to admit I am getting tired of seeing the highlights from last year actual show. As for where the money went, that is very commendable.

Wink Strange Ford commercial this week with the song of choice "I Want You To Want Me". However it was better than last week I think.

Results - 3/26/08 291351 Good to see Kimberley Locke on the show from Season 2. We hear of her experiences with American Idol and also about her current successes. She has lost 40 pounds in spite of now owning a restaurant "Croton Creek Steakhouse". Bravo for the loss Kim but that dress you wore was not flattering at all. I liked her song "Fall" off her new cd. I actually have seen Miss Locke live twice and believe me this girl can sing. I own her music. One last thing to mention is her cover of the song "Gloria" was a big success for her on the Billboard charts and think she is still charting with this one.

Razz Phone call time.

1. Jessica thinks Chikezie has a great personality and is so fun. Is he single is her question. The answer is yes but maybe not for long as he is a cutie and love, love, love his voice.
2. Nicole wonders why David Archuleta picked the song he sang. How many times do we need to hear he likes it I ask.
3. Ari wants Simon to tell her how to take over Ryan's job. Simon responds with it does not take talent. Sure Simon, that is why Ryan is in great demand and making big bucks from his many ventures.
4. Caitlin wants to know who Brooke would like to duet with. Her answer is John Mayer which is no surprise as both can be quite boring at times. Did you not love the plug Ryan gave Paula.
5. Vanessa wants to know if Simon thinks he is the most attractive person on the show. What a stupid question. Simon responds with it is not what he says but what other people say. Yeah, right.

Results - 3/26/08 969458 Briefly we hear that Dolly Parton is the mentor next week and I am assuming it will be country time folks. Hopefully some will do a decent job with this genre. I am guessing we will once again be stuck with Kristy for another week. Sorry but country is not my thing overall but it will be good to see Dolly.

Results - 3/26/08 378924 Now for the results:

On the black sofa safely are Brooke White, Carly Smithson, David Archuleta, David Cook, Michael Johns, Ramiele Malubay, Kristy Lee Cook.

On the bottom 3 chairs are Chikezie Eze, Syesha Mercado and big surprise Jason Castro (at least the voting public got this one right).
Jason is first back to the black sofas. One point I have to mention here is I agree with Simon that Jason does not seem to be taking this competition seriously. He acts so goofy about the whole thing.

Results - 3/26/08 653533 Sadly my Chikezie is the one to go. As he once again sings I am still loving his voice and truly hope he will get a contract as I would buy his music in a heartbeat.

Results - 3/26/08 49837 So another week of American Idol has ended and I am wishing all of you a great week ahead as I continue to rant to my family about the loss of Chikezie. With that thought I bid you adieu.

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Results - 3/26/08 Empty Re: Results - 3/26/08

Post by Angie 3/27/2008, 12:16 pm

Great recap CC!!

Sorry I haven't been around much....been kinda busy and my hubby has been out of town for almost a week Sad

Anyway....I don't know what it is with Jason. I like him and I know he's kinda goofy and stuff, but when Simon brought up about him not being serious about the competition, I agreed. I was not surprised to see Jason in the Bottom 3, but am glad he wasn't sent home.

I'm upset Chikezie left so soon. I think the judges were probably disappointed that he didn't surprise us all this week. He's an awesome R&B Singer and can sing just about anything!

Ramiele and Syesha should be the next ones to go as they are so unforgettable to me.

Kristy will be around for country week. I actually enjoyed her performance this week for the first time since her audition, which I liked a lot. I'd laugh if she screwed up country week Laughing

Oh....and I don't think Archuleta is the front runner anymore. In my opinion anyway. He has a good voice but I think he should have waited a few years to enter this competition. At this point I honestly don't think he'll win.
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down