Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Results From Country Night - 4/2/08

2 posters

Go down

Results From Country Night - 4/2/08 Empty Results From Country Night - 4/2/08

Post by concertcris 4/3/2008, 11:52 am

Results From Country Night - 4/2/08 42241 Hello all. Welcome to another drama-filled night of results. Ryan welcomes us this time in a dark brown suit. Intro to our judges follow. Each of our main four of the show look raring to go so let's get started.

Results From Country Night - 4/2/08 64741 Our group sing Dolly's signature song "9 To 5". Not so good as Ramiele has mic problems again, Michael messes up a lyric of the song and overall it was just okay. Nice touch as the contestants practically jumped on top of the judges with David Cook wooing Paula and Carly practically giving Simon a lap dance.

Results From Country Night - 4/2/08 830555 After a summary of the night before our first dramatic moment as Michael Johns is sent to safety on the sofas. David Archuleta follows him to the sofas safely. Carly Smithson has a moment of distress as Ryan fakes her out but she too is safe. At this point I can totally relax as my top 3 favorites of the night before will be on the show next week.

Results From Country Night - 4/2/08 754779 Phone time!

1. Syesha knows how to kiss-up after saying she misses hanging with her friends and family but adds American Idol is now her family.

2. David Cook is a slob and wants to be better organized.

3. Big surprise, Randy has worked with everybody. Who's next? He tactfully says he wants to work with the winner of this season. Boy or girl, right Randy?

4. Michael and David C. have no idea what songs they will sing on the tour but maybe "Islands In The Stream" they jokingly add.

5. Okay it is official, Simon will no longer apologize after giving his critiques. Sure Simon, sure.

Results From Country Night - 4/2/08 399449 This next segment disappointed me. The Clark Brothers who won on the show "The Next Great American Band" give a manic performance of "This Little Light of Mine". I watched that show and they were so much better then. Ashley is practically screaming the lyrics on this performance and even the instrument playing is over the top. Hopefully the public will not condemn them on this performance. My suggestion is go to YouTube to really see the greatness this group does have.

Wink Ford commercial time as the group play basketball to the song "It's Tricky". Good shot Brooke!

Sad Before the next results, Ryan wants to know if Carly and Simon have made up since he critiqued her wardrobe. She tactfully answers that he has not apologized.

David Cook suffers from high blood pressure and that is why he went to the hospital. He can relax as he is safe this week.

Ramiele looks scared and she should be as she is the first to the bottom 3 chairs.

Kristy is psychic as she bears a note saying "Kristy's seat" hence she thinks she is in the bottom 3 which is true. Still with the snotty attitude towards Simon she heads to the silver area.

I love you Loved this segment of seeing past idols. Bucky looking quite handsome let's us know you do not have to win to become successful. His career is going great! Phil Stacey looks joyful with his wife and kids and he too is happy. His solo album is due out April 29th. Bo Bice (be still my heart) lets us know what a rough time he has had with his stomach problems. Poor Bo was in the hospital for 60 days and it took a year of recovery to finally be well again. Not letting his career go bad during his recovery, he is back to his southern roots with the release of his follow-up cd ''See The Light". I might add here this cd is fantastic. Also get to see his cute little boy playing drums and loving his dad. One thing not mentioned that I just found out is Bo's wife is again expecting. All in all I really enjoyed this segment and Ryan says there will be more. Hooray!

Results From Country Night - 4/2/08 378924 More drama. Syesha Mercado is safe. Brooke and Jason join Ryan on stage. Before the final announcement of the bottom 3, Brooke shames Simon into apologizing to everyone especially Carly who he thinks is cute. Big surprise that Brooke is the final person to the silver chairs. Visibly upset all 3 girls join Ryan and we find out they are roomies. Ramiele looks like a dwarf to the towering Brooke and Kristy.

Results From Country Night - 4/2/08 991927 Idol Gives Back news as we see how two sisters are rescued from the streets. Very heartwarming story but oh how I wish we could rescue all of them.

Smile Dolly Parton dressed in sparkling white sings next her song "Jesus and Gravity" from her new release Backwards Barbie. Sadly I feel Dolly's singing days are numbered as she appeared to struggle with the singing however the song itself is a good Christian one as she is indeed an excellent songwriter. I just love her spunk and personality as she makes the comment to Ryan that she has Jesus while Ryan is stuck with Simon. No worries as Simon's pass to Dollywood is still intact. Very cute moment.

Results From Country Night - 4/2/08 754998 Now the dreaded moment of elimination as after a tearful speech from Brooke she is safe. Kristy uses one of her nine lives to appear next week and little Ramiele is going home. After watching her journey and practically being smothered by Kristy, our little girl once again sings. Part of the performance shows off the greatness she should have shown in prior shows I think.

Results From Country Night - 4/2/08 49837 In closing some extra comments. I have read on foxesonidol that next week we will see 3 different shows from AI. Tuesday is the actual performance show. Wednesday is Idol Gives Back starting at 7:30 p.m. Thursday is the results night. Not sure how accurate this is but keep a watch out for it. Also looks like Ellen DeGeneras will not co-host due to production conflicts. No clue yet who is the new co-host.

Results From Country Night - 4/2/08 142380 That's a wrap!

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Results From Country Night - 4/2/08 Empty Re: Results From Country Night - 4/2/08

Post by geewindu 4/3/2008, 6:17 pm

First off let me say that America got it wrong as neither Brooke or Kristy should've been in the bottom 3. It should've been Syesha and Carly. I am glad though that Ramiele finally left. She should've been out weeks ago.
I think the group song was good. Did you see Brooke's stage ability? I think that if she sang the whole song she would've made the whole performance that much better. She had by far the best vocals in this group song. Even the Archie fans I know think so. Now she needs to do that during one of her performances and she'll be on top of the game.
I will say that I think the reason she ended up in the bottom three was that almost everybody had a good night on performance night. The three exceptions were Ramiele, Syesha, and Carly. And since those were the only bad ones in my opinion and I have never gotten all three of my bottom 3 to actually be in the bottom 3 I didn't figure I would be right this time. That's okay though as many great singers have been in the bottom 3 two of them won and several were runners up and they've been succesful even if they didn't get as far. But I'm hoping Brooke will be the first winner that's been in the bottom 3 since Fantasia. Very Happy That would be one of the coolest things ever! Very Happy
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Results From Country Night - 4/2/08 Empty Re: Results From Country Night - 4/2/08

Post by geewindu 4/3/2008, 6:29 pm

Oh and I thought I'd let you know her album is "Backwoods Barbie" just so you know. Wink
Here's a link to those that want to check it out.
Backwoods Barbie cd

I thought the Clark Brothers & Dolly Parton both did very well. Overall it was a Great Night. Very emotional. I thought the Ashley did scream the lyrics out at one point but I thought it was a nice spin on the song as I've seen them do it the other way. And I really loved the instrument playing. I was in awe all over again. I can't wait for there cd!

And I loved the IGB part. Very emotional also. I also wish there was a way to help them all. It is so sad. Results From Country Night - 4/2/08 653533
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by concertcris 4/4/2008, 10:01 am

Results From Country Night - 4/2/08 472634 Oops goofed on the name of Dolly's new album. Sorry folks. Sometimes I am trying to type so fast and honestly thought that is what Ryan had said.

As for the Clark Brothers, I also am looking forward to getting their cd as well and also Sixwire music. As you all know I am not big into country but did love both these groups on that show. They made me like that genre again. Both are fantastic in my opinion.

I was surprised to see Brooke make bottom 3 as for once I thought she did fairly well in her performance. Also thought the country vote would keep Kristy from the bottom 3. However it was no surprise to see Ramiele going home as she just has not shown us her potential. I really hate seeing anyone go.

Well, next week should be interesting.

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Back to top Go down

Post by geewindu 4/5/2008, 1:22 am

Yep it should be. So do you think they're going to get rid of anyone? They didn't last year but if they have three nights I'm thinking they just might.
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by concertcris 4/5/2008, 6:23 am

Results From Country Night - 4/2/08 991927 Hi gee. Last year how they did it was they only had two shows that week. Tuesday was the performance show and then on Wednesday was the Idol Gives Back one. On the following week Tuesday was again for performance but on Wednesday they eliminated Phil and Chris Richardson.

Being they are having 3 shows this coming week I believe on the Thursday show they will probably eliminate at least one of them. It seems that way they can stay right on track with the season.

I think Idol Gives Back is a worthy cause but sure wish they would feature more of the idols instead of just Daughtry and Underwood on that particular show. Of course others may pop in as we do not know the full line-up yet but I doubt Taylor will be among them. I still am amazed how badly they have treated him considering he was the winner of season 5.

Anyway, enjoy your weekend.

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Back to top Go down

Post by geewindu 4/5/2008, 9:40 pm

That's sounds right.

I'm glad they show Carrie as I like her music but I think you're right they should show more of Taylor and other Idols. I think they are getting the hang of that with them going back and talking about those guys last week. It's something at least and they are having some contestants come back like Pickler, Blake, Kimberly. So I think they are on the right track but I definitely don't think they should've treated Taylor so badly.
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down