Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil Stacey's Blog

Go down

Phil Stacey's Blog Empty Phil Stacey's Blog

Post by Angie 1/22/2009, 12:02 am

January 20, 2009

Phil Stacey Blog: No heart left in San Francisco

We are down to a one-hour show in the city that introduced us to William Hung -- San Francisco. Hate to say it, but Northern California really didn’t have much to offer this season, except maybe Adam Lambert. Most of those making it to Hollywood are just fuel for the drama and aren’t real contenders. I am trying to find some positive things to say. ... I’ll let you know if I do.

Tatiana del Toro -– the feisty Puerto Rican -- is a prime example of the lack of talent allowed through to Hollywood. I can only assume that the producers want some drama for Hollywood week. She can’t be taken seriously with how they portrayed her.

Jesus Valenzuela -- the suit-wearing daddy -- pulled the kid card. It works every time! I have to admit that I had the baby card in my court during this round. The sad fact is that the kid card only works once and you have to have something to back it up. We will never see Jesus again. I’m sure the blow to the kids was so much easier when Dad called them with the bad news from Hollywood.

We had a random montage of “Yeses,” but we didn’t get to see anything from them -- too bad. Hopefully, they will get some face time during Hollywood week or they really have no hope of making it far. Instead, they showed us Annie Murdock -– another uninteresting bad singer.
Finally, we did get to see two decent hopefuls. First was Lambert, a previous "Wicked" cast member with a David Cook look who sounded great. The Broadway did bleed through a bit, but who cares! He was the best of the night.

Read the rest of Phil's blog at latimes.com
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down