Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idol Watch; Beauregard daily News....Ode To a Mean Ole Punk

Go down

Idol Watch;  Beauregard daily News....Ode To a Mean Ole Punk Empty Idol Watch; Beauregard daily News....Ode To a Mean Ole Punk

Post by killerqueen 3/2/2008, 12:22 pm

Idol Watch: Feb. 29. Ode to a mean ole punk.
Current mood: argumentative

By HATTIE SHERRICK-BURTON
Staff Writer
I am back, and I've finally prepared that mean-spirited rant you've all been waiting for.
Everybody say "Hooray!"
Sometimes this show just makes me cringe. I'm serious. Sometimes I just want to reach through the screen and slap the daylights out of someone.
And while the subject of my disdain has generally been some pitiful, random and defenseless contestant who, for whatever reason, I just wish would slip and fall on live television, this week I've got a beef with somebody altogether different.
Never have I been one to follow the crowd, but this week I'm just going to have to jump on the "Simon Cowell is a vicious, mean old bonehead" bandwagon. In fact, I'm hijacking the wagon and I'm drunk on animosity behind the wheel.
What a punk.
There comes a point when truthful, legitimate criticism crosses the line and becomes antagonism, perhaps narcissism. It's a whole bunch of ugly "isms."
I usually respect the opinions of this man because, at the end the day, he knows his stuff. But I really can't see the constructive point in treating anyone like a complete piece of useless garbage in front of millions of people.
That's the kind of thing you do behind someone's back.
I'm sort of kidding about that.
If it's really bad, he by all means should go ahead and say so. But I really don't see why any of these kids should be subject to the complete and utter humiliation and emasculation that a few of them were put through this week.
In my own opinion, which we all know is pretty much always wrong, so feel free to argue, Cowell is starting to cross the line from funny and slightly shocking to hateful and unconstructive. I don't think it's for the sake of good television, but possibly because we've got a bunch this year that's not afraid to bark back at him, and it appears that this is something he can't handle like a grown fellow.
Bless his heart.
Whether or not it was time for those two guys to go is a whole other discussion I won't get into. I will say that one of them was my "almost favorite" and that I was sad. But that's neither here nor there.
Also, it needs to be said that folks simply must stop eating what the sensationalized entertainment media is feeding them. Homeboy was not wearing a wig.
Silly gooses.
Oh, and by entertainment media, I mean all of them except me. Of course you should continue to listen to me.

[b]Hattie writes her Idol Watch Column in the Beauregard Daily News.

killerqueen

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down