Idol Unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snap Judgment: Phil Stacey's 'If You Didn't Love Me'

3 posters

Go down

Snap Judgment: Phil Stacey's 'If You Didn't Love Me' Empty Snap Judgment: Phil Stacey's 'If You Didn't Love Me'

Post by Angie 1/8/2008, 8:45 pm

EW.com

American Idol Season 6 contestant Phil Stacey sent his first single, "If You Didn't Love Me," to country radio yesterday—and thanks to the folks at Philnatics.com, who put the tribute video below on YouTube today, you can hear it right this very second.

The track, a driving ballad off Stacey's album (due in April), was co-written by Rascal Flatts' lead singer Gary LeVox, and it's obvious. The music has a slow build to a somewhat explosive chorus, while the vocals boast runs that you just know LeVox nailed on the demo. It's nothing new, but it's solid. As is Stacey's voice. I love good ol' country-boy bravado, but it's nice to hear a male artist power through a song on more than guts.

So take a listen, y'all, and tell us whether Stacey will match the success of his fellow AI alums and Lyric Street label-mates Bucky Covington and Josh Gracin. "If You Didn't Love Me" is produced by Wayne Kirkpatrick, who writes songs for Little Big Town. Whether or not Phil makes it—we've yet to see the official video, so we reserve official judgment—it's good to see him hooked up with people who can at least give him a fair shot.

Angie Says: Found this with the above article. Not the official video. I think the song has potential of being popular. I actually kind of like it, although i do like country music.

Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Snap Judgment: Phil Stacey's 'If You Didn't Love Me' Empty Re: Snap Judgment: Phil Stacey's 'If You Didn't Love Me'

Post by concertcris 1/19/2008, 12:41 pm

Very Happy In spite of the fact I am not big into country music, I actually like this song and will definitely be checking out Phil's new debut album in April. I am hoping this great guy does well in the country charts as I just love his voice. Thanks for posting this!

concertcris
Hollywood Week
Hollywood Week

Number of posts : 218
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice
Fave Idol(s) : Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Diana DeGarmo
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Snap Judgment: Phil Stacey's 'If You Didn't Love Me' Empty Re: Snap Judgment: Phil Stacey's 'If You Didn't Love Me'

Post by Angie 1/19/2008, 2:22 pm

You're welcome Very Happy

I wish him well. It seems we are getting a lot of country artists out of American Idol lately.
Angie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2019
Fave Idol(s) : Cookie, Taylor, Brooke, Carly, Elliott, Castro
Fave Idol(s) : Carrie, Daughtry, & So Many More!
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.brookes-bandwagon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by geewindu 2/21/2008, 2:51 am

I think it's pretty good. I'm always on the lookout for some more good country singers.
geewindu
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 347
Fave Idol(s) : Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle, Kellie Pickler, Anwar Robinson, Elliot Yamin,
Fave Idol(s) : & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Amanda Overmeyer, David Cook & My fave artist ever... Brooke White!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down